Thursday, 14 April 2016

Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin :: HELLO BOOK THAT BROKE MY HEART INTO A MILLION PIECES

26092473 Publisher: Hachette
Release Date: November 5th 2015
Source: From the Publisher!
Purchase: Mighty Ape | Book Depository | Amazon
Read it in: 5-6 hours
Word Rating:MY HEARRRRRT.

The year is 1956, and the Axis powers of the Third Reich and Imperial Japan rule the world. To commemorate their Great Victory over Britain and Russia, Hitler and Emperor Hirohito host the Axis Tour: an annual motorcycle race across their conjoined continents. The victor is awarded an audience with the highly reclusive Adolf Hitler at the Victor's ball.

Yael, who escaped from a death camp, has one goal: Win the race and kill Hitler. A survivor of painful human experimentation, Yael has the power to skinshift and must complete her mission by impersonating last year's only female victor, Adele Wolfe. This deception becomes more difficult when Felix, Adele twin's brother, and Luka, her former love interest, enter the race and watch Yael's every move. But as Yael begins to get closer to the other competitors, can she bring herself to be as ruthless as she needs to be to avoid discovery and complete her mission?

 REVIEW


Do you know what one of favourite things of the bookish world is? It's discovering an author that can pull of a great book in one genre and then jump to another genre and pull of that book even more so. Meet Ryan Graudin: an author who will give you just that and MORE.

WOLF BY WOLF is one of those rare books that from page one you just know that you're never going to have read anything like this before. That it's a read that is going to have to be read slowly, carefully, treasuring the moments that you do spend time with it for the first time because you know it reading it will never be the same again once you've finished it.

I'm a historical nut. I think I've told you this before but I'll tell you again: History is one of my great loves, right up there with reading itself and I hate nothing more then when people try to rewrite history and it goes wrong. So even though Historical fiction is my favourite genre, it's the genre I'm  the most pickiest about and it is so rare for me to find a historical fiction book - like WOLF BY WOLF - where I don't have one problem or complaint with it.

I couldn't find one fault with WOLF BY WOLF. The writing is so exquisite and weaves a story so strong that you literally can't tear yourself away from it's pages. The characters are so real they feel like they're sitting right beside you, breathing over your shoulder, waiting for you to finish and then asking, "What did you think?"

I felt like I had left friends behind upon finishing this book. Enemies too! It was like waving an incredibly reluctant bittersweet goodbye when I closed WOLF BY WOLF'S pages, I knew that my friends story wasn't over yet but the fact that I had to wait so long till I got to see / visit them again left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

So please: read this book if not for me, for the utterly horrific, entwiningly beautiful story that lies like a secret inside this book. You won't regret it, I promise.

::Thank you Hachette for the review copy!!!::




AHEM. SO OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE GOING TO GO READ WOLF BY WOLF RIIIIIIIGHT NOW, YES?! BUT TELL ME: WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE HISTORICAL FICTION BOOK???! I WANT TO KNOW!

5 comments :

  1. Ahh im so glad youre liking it! Im finding it a bit hard to get started...but hopefully i will get really into it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it gets better for you, Geraldine! I'm excited to see what you think! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review. I love history and really want to read this one. I’m just waiting for my book-buying ban to be over. I have too many unread books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many wonderful things about this book, particularly the historical elements and the characters. It really sounds like this one really struck a chord with you Ella! I can't wait to pick it up when I get a chance. Lovely review!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book on my TBR, and your review makes me even more excited about it! I don't think I've seen less than a three stars rating for this book, so that's great! I also love history, being a history student myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...