LIST OF THINGS THAT WENT THROUGH ELLA'S BRAIN WHEN SHE FINISHED MY SISTER ROSA
* It reminded me why I enjoy Male POV so much. Che's voice was fresh, witty and honest and one I loved reading from immensely!
* Rosa was creepy AH. And scary...but not AS scary as she could've been?? It frustrated me that Che was obsessed with showing the world how terrible/evil Rosa was and whole Rosa was creepy and really terrible in PARTS of this book, I thought there needed to be MORE examples of her badness so the world really saw/believed that Rosa was actually an evil little muppet/robot because even though Che went on about it all the time/the whole book...I think there needed to be MORE. Maybe chapters from Rosa's POV would've helped??
* It's made me wonder if I know any psychopaths in real life. DO I???
* THAT PLOT TWIST OMGGGGGGG. *brain melts*
* I loved how Christianity was portrayed in here! So refreshing and nice which made a great change from all the bible bashers that is so commonly portrayed as "Christianity" in YA.
* LEILANI IS BASICALLY MY FAVOURITE OF EVERYTHING. I l<3ve Leilani. :')
* The diversity was EXCELLENT. And again, it made such a nice change! There was absolutely NO diversity just shoved in here to be called "diverse" at ALL. It was very different but just so normal at the same time. LOVED IT.
* The writing was really, really, really, REALLY good. It kept me absolutely glued to the page and I couldn't stop if I wanted too. I admit it got a bit slow in the middle where is dropped the OMG WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPPPPPPEN *hides under bed shivering* pace that the beginning and end held but it was still entertaining so I didn't really mind. The descriptiveness was done really well as I got a real feel of being in NYC and inside the book while I read but it was so descriptive that it bored me and made me gnash my teeth in frustration.
* Oh, how amazing the cast of characters were! Each one was different and unique in such a normal way!
* Again, THAT ENDING AHHHHHHH.
BASICALLY: You should really, really read MY SISTER ROSA! It's my newest favourite book and I'm wholeheartedly in love with it!
|Actual rating 4.5!|
::Thank you ALLEN & UNWIN for the review copy!::
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Release Date: January 27th 2016
Source: From the Publisher!
Purchase: Mighty Ape | The Book Depository | Amazon
Read it in: 4 hours
Word Rating: SCARILY AMAZING
What if the most terrifying person you'd ever met was your ten-year old sister? A spine-chilling psychological thriller from one of Australia's finest YA authors.
'I promise,' said Rosa. 'I won't kill and I won't make anyone else kill.'
I can't see the loophole. Since the guinea pig there's been nothing. Months now without Rosa killing as much as a mosquito.
As far as I know.
Che Taylor has four items on his list: 1. He wants to spar, not just train in the boxing gym. 2. He wants a girlfriend. 3. He wants to go home. 4. He wants to keep Rosa under control.
Che's little sister Rosa is smart, talented, pretty, and so good at deception that Che's convinced she must be a psychopath. She hasn't hurt anyone yet, but he's certain it's just a matter of time. And when their parents move them to New York City, Che longs to return to Sydney and his three best friends. But his first duty is to his sister Rosa, who is playing increasingly complex and disturbing games. Can he protect Rosa from the world - and the world from Rosa?
My Sister Rosa will have you on the edge of your seat from the very first page to the last.
HAVE YOU READ my sister rosa???!! WILL YOU???
OF COURSE YOU WILL. ALSO: ANY OTHER BOOKS OUT THERE THAT ARE LIKE my sister rosa THAT YOU COULD RECOMMEND TO ME?