Thursday, 25 February 2016

My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier :: PSYCHOPATHS, PSYCHOPATHS EVERYWHERE

WELL. This book was almost the perfect package wrapped up in book form! It had an amazing cast of characters, a scarily good plot and a little girl called Rosa that made me internally grateful that my own siblings aren't like her! What else did I love? READ MY LIST BELOW. I've outlined why you need this book in your bookworm paws immediately.


LIST OF THINGS THAT WENT THROUGH ELLA'S BRAIN WHEN SHE FINISHED MY SISTER ROSA

* It reminded me why I enjoy Male POV so much. Che's voice was fresh, witty and honest and one I loved reading from immensely!

* Rosa was creepy AH. And scary...but not AS scary as she could've been?? It frustrated me that Che was obsessed with showing the world how terrible/evil Rosa was and whole Rosa was creepy and really terrible in PARTS of this book, I thought there needed to be MORE examples of her badness so the world really saw/believed that Rosa was actually an evil little muppet/robot because even though Che went on about it all the time/the whole book...I think there needed to be MORE. Maybe chapters from Rosa's POV would've helped??

* It's made me wonder if I know any psychopaths in real life. DO I???

* THAT PLOT TWIST OMGGGGGGG. *brain melts*

* I loved how Christianity was portrayed in here! So refreshing and nice which made a great change from all the bible bashers that is so commonly portrayed as "Christianity" in YA.

* LEILANI IS BASICALLY MY FAVOURITE OF EVERYTHING. I l<3ve Leilani. :')



* The diversity was EXCELLENT. And again, it made such a nice change! There was absolutely NO diversity just shoved in here to be called "diverse" at ALL. It was very different but just so normal at the same time. LOVED IT.

* The writing was really, really, really, REALLY good. It kept me absolutely glued to the page and I couldn't stop if I wanted too. I admit it got a bit slow in the middle where is dropped the OMG WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPPPPPPEN *hides under bed shivering* pace that the beginning and end held but it was still entertaining so I didn't really mind. The descriptiveness was done really well as I got a real feel of being in NYC and inside the book while I read but it was so descriptive that it bored me and made me gnash my teeth in frustration.

* Oh, how amazing the cast of characters were! Each one was different and unique in such a normal way!

* Again, THAT ENDING AHHHHHHH.




BASICALLY: You should really, really read MY SISTER ROSA! It's my newest favourite book and I'm wholeheartedly in love with it!

Actual rating 4.5!
::Thank you ALLEN & UNWIN for the review copy!::




26465507
Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Release Date: January 27th 2016
Source: From the Publisher!
Purchase: Mighty Ape | The Book Depository | Amazon
Read it in: 4 hours
Word Rating: SCARILY AMAZING
What if the most terrifying person you'd ever met was your ten-year old sister? A spine-chilling psychological thriller from one of Australia's finest YA authors. 

'I promise,' said Rosa. 'I won't kill and I won't make anyone else kill.'
I can't see the loophole. Since the guinea pig there's been nothing. Months now without Rosa killing as much as a mosquito.
As far as I know.


Che Taylor has four items on his list: 1. He wants to spar, not just train in the boxing gym. 2. He wants a girlfriend. 3. He wants to go home. 4. He wants to keep Rosa under control.

Che's little sister Rosa is smart, talented, pretty, and so good at deception that Che's convinced she must be a psychopath. She hasn't hurt anyone yet, but he's certain it's just a matter of time. And when their parents move them to New York City, Che longs to return to Sydney and his three best friends. But his first duty is to his sister Rosa, who is playing increasingly complex and disturbing games. Can he protect Rosa from the world - and the world from Rosa?

My Sister Rosa will have you on the edge of your seat from the very first page to the last.


HAVE YOU READ my sister rosa???!! WILL YOU??? OF COURSE YOU WILL. ALSO: ANY OTHER BOOKS OUT THERE THAT ARE LIKE my sister rosa THAT YOU COULD RECOMMEND TO ME?

5 comments :

  1. I'm reading this one at the moment Aila and it's super creepy how Rosa is! I can't wait to discover what that plot twists ends up being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard amazing things about this book and although it's not a book I'd generally read I might have to give it a go. Fabulous review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING. I love the psychological angle it has going and how it discusses the diagnosis of psychopathy. That's something I've never seen discussed in YA before, and it seems so disturbing and intriguing at the same time. Anyhow, off to see if this is available in the US! *crosses fingers* Thanks for sharing Ella and, as always, fabulous review! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, this sounds so interesting!! :D It sounds so chilling and scary, I've added it to my TBR list! Thanks so much for reviewing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see some of your skin in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...