Monday, 19 October 2015

Stray by Rachael Craw :: mindshatteringly awesome

23784978

Publisher: Walker Books Australia
Release Date: September 1st 2015
Source: From the Publisher!
Purchase: Mighty Ape | The Book Depository | Amazon
Read it in: 4 hours
Word Rating: SHATTERING

It’s hard to remember hating anything as much as I hate Affinity; a bone-deep loathing for the faceless unknown and the concrete walls of my own DNA.

Evie is a Shield: designed to kill in order to protect, and the Affinity Project have finally come for her. But Evie isn’t ready for the sinister organisation to take control of her life, her body, her mind. She isn’t ready to follow their rules about who may live and who must die – not when it condemns the innocent. She has one option: risk losing everything and everyone – including Jamie – and run.


REVIEW


3 Reasons Why You Should Pick Up STRAY!



1.) Yes, I'm going to start of this list by tooting my horn by shouting this from the rooftops but I do not care! IT'S WRITTEN BY AN NZ AUTHOR EVERYBODY! I CANNOT SHOUT THAT LOUD ENOUGH!! I know certain people *cough* KELLY AND EMILY *cough* are calling saying that Rachael is Australia's and that she's an honorary Aussie BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE. I'm sorry ladies, but she's mine ours and no one is stealing her from us! *smiles like an angel*

2.) It's science fiction done RIGHT. Here's the thing: I am NOT science fiction fan. It all goes over my head and confuses me and ties my brain in knots! BUT IN HERE, I actually...ENJOYED IT. Omg, someone hold me! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

3.) It doesn't fall into SBS (Second Book Syndrome) AND OH MY GOSH I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR IT! Nothing breaks my bookworm heart more then when the first book in a series is fantastically good and then the second book comes along and just...flops. But this? THIS WAS JUST AN EXPLOSION OF AWESOMENESS! After finishing the first book in this series, SPARK, a few months ago, I really liked it but wasn't in lovelove, but this book?! SO MUCH LOVE MY HEART IS JUST EXPLODING WITH IT ASDFGHJKL.


Besides all my ranting ravings, I did have a few problems with STRAY, mainly the slightly slow start and the way the ending ended so fast and with something happening to a certain someone that destroyed me but also made absolutely NO sense for why it was done??!!! BUT BESIDES THOSE MINOR DETAILS THIS WAS COMPLETELY AWESOME. I neeeeed book #3. Pleeeeease, someone, give it to me!


ACTUAL RATING 4.5!


::Thank you Walker Books Australia for the review copy!::

What's a book that recently blew your mind and made you gibber in all it's awesomeness?! And PLEASSSE TELL ME: Will you be picking up this series maybe?? And to the people that have already read the series so far, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?! What's your favourite book?! (Mine is Stray, in case you didn't guess..)

6 comments :

  1. I've been seeing this one a lot and to be honest, it really intrigues me! I've heard Kelly @ Diva Booknerd and Emily @ Loony Literate flail about it so much that I've become curious :D Plus, books in this genre are rarely mind-blowingly great nowadays that I would love for one to have that extra oomph! Another plus, AU and NZ authors that I've read from have never let me down, so I'm certain this one wouldn't as well :P

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh so glad you loved this one! :D I feel bad because I don't seem to be as much of a wild fan as everyone else. *wails to self* WHAT EVEN IS WRONG WITH ME. I loved the second half of Stray though. o.O SO INTENSE OMG.
    Ohh and the last book that absolutely shattered my mind...proooobably The Demon King!?!? I REALLY loved it, although I guess it didn't shatter me. hehe. I haven't had too many of those this year actually and that kind of is sadness. I LIKE SHATTERING BOOKS. (Okay, wait, belay that. Every single Game of Thrones books shatters me. xD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great when books in a series just keep getting better and better, and this sounds like this series is doing just that. I'm always a sucker for science fiction, so this sounds right up my alley. And I don't think I've read anything by a NZ author, so this sounds like an incredible place to start. Thanks for sharing Ella and, as always, fabulous review! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked this one! I liked it two (and my mini review is scheduled for thursday) It was a little slow to start, but the ending *weeps* *winces* And I love Rachaels writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be picking up this series!! I've already started writing a list of books I will be racing through as soon as my exams are over and this is at the top! Also, she is definitely a kiwi... we claim her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...