Monday, 27 July 2015

Every Move by Ellie Marney :: I CRIED

18516682 Publisher: Allen & Unwin
Release Date: March 1st 2015
Source: From the publisher - thanks!!!!
Purchase: The Book Depositry
Read it in: 4 hours
Word Rating: *cries* *cries* *cries*
After the dramatic events of London, a road trip back to her old home in Five Mile sounds good (in theory) to Rachel Watts, with her brother Mike in the driving seat. But when Mike picks up his old buddy – the wildly unreliable Harris Derwent – things start to go south. Back in Melbourne, Rachel’s ‘partner in crime’, James Mycroft, clashes with Harris, and then a series of murders suggest that the mysterious Mr Wild – Mycroft’s own personal Moriarty – is hot on their tail. When tragedy strikes, Rachel and Mycroft realise they’ll have to recruit Harris and take matters into their own hands…




THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. THIS IS JUST A MASH OF MESSY COLOURFUL EMOTIONS.
 YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!


Even though this book has been sitting on my bookshelf for months the reason I haven't reviewed it sooner is because I don't know how. I don't know how to tell you how amazing I think this book is, how I want to blather on for ages about how special it is, to put it all coherently into words I really have no idea where to start.So I'm just going to chug ahead and write as much as my filled-to-the-top brain will let me.
This book is so special to me in so many ways. It was my fist ever physical ARC that I managed to gather up the courage in me and request for, and for that I will always have a soft spot for it, but also because this is the first book I've EVER cried over. And I don't mean, "Oh look, my eyes are feeling a bit watery," or, "OMG! A single tear!" I mean FULL OUT sobbing. And this coming from a person who didn't cry over TFIOS (ummm, because I hated it) anddidn't cry over THE BOOK THIEF either. OR at the end of the HARRY POTTER series (it was close though). But OH MY GOD did I CRY when I finished EVERY MOVE. It was complete gross sobbing with about a ton of tears and I felt like a very used dish cloth afterwards. MY HEART HAS NEVER FELT SO BROKEN.


I love James and Rachel's relationship more then almost ANYTHING. In EVERY MOVE it's tested somewhat because Rachel's still suffering PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) which I thought was executed AMAZINGLY well, and Mycroft is being, well, Mycroft (also see somewhat idiot). But I gotta admit this has possibly got to be my favourite ship of ALL TIME and honestly, if I had the money, I would truly go round gifting this wonderful series to EVERYONE. I would! Just I have a money problem.

Everything else in this book is beyond perfect. It's beautiful and I loved it.


To ME, this book is perfect, faultless, flawless. And even if it did have flaws, they are flaws I'm not going to talk about because I don't think they're important enough to write here. THIS IS JUST ME THOUGH! You might think ENTIRELY different and you know what? That's fine.

*NOTE: You're probably wondering why if I loved this book so much why I'm not shooting capslock and  exclamation marks and gifs like the Ella you're used to seeing when she gets excited, but the truth is, when I get truly passionate about something, I get serious. So if you don't think I sound the most enthusiastic when you finish reading this review...TRUST ME. I AM VERY, VERY, VERRRRRY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THIS BOOK!


ALLLLLLLL THE STARS!!!!!!! ALLLLLLLL OF THEM!!!!!!!!! MILLIONS UPON BILLIONS!!!!



I definitely haven't done this book justice so I might come back with a part two or edit this review because I'm not satisfied!
Please, please, PLEASSSSSSE tell me you have read EVERY BREATH?! Because if you haven't...WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE??!!! *throws small but powerful tantrum* SHOO! Go and grab yourself a copy NOW! *awaits impatiently*


8 comments :

  1. Hahaha LOVED this review! <3 Overall I thought this was such a fantastic series, and I'm so looking forward to seeing what Ellie Marney will write next...because let's face it, she's an awesome Aussie writer. I *did* have some issues with this one--I think the second will always be my favourite of the series--but I agree, James and Rachel's relationship was very very good. And I also loved the focus on her PTSD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James and Rachel's relationship is like THE BEST THING EVER. Better then ice cream xD

      Delete
  2. AHHH, I have not read this but now I feel the overwhelming need to!! But sobbing so....I'll need to pick this up and add some tissues and chocolate and....chocolate to that cart, too. Seriously great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DO! YES YOU DO! You'll need the chocolate....LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!! ;))

      Delete
  3. Welllll, I haven't read EVERY BREATH or EVERY MOVE yet *dodges tomatoes* but I'm guessing I should? ;) I love a book that can make me feel such strong emotions and it seems like the characters have an amazing dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *throws tomatoes* ALISSSSE READ THIS SERIES READ THIS SERIES!! xD *sobs* TO MUCH EMOTION TO MUCH OF IT.

      Delete
  4. Man I haven't read the first book yet but everyone raves about this series which is great! Your first review copy would definitely be very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S SO SO SO SO SO SPECIAL. *strokes book lovingly* It's on my prized bookshelf and everything haha. x)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...