Thursday, 26 March 2015

The Cake Book Tag {cake! cake! CAAAAKE!}

Why look at that! Ella's back from the dead! If you can still remember who I am (OR WHAT I AM *waves tentacled hand creepily*) I'm that rather obnoxious fabulous owner of this WONDERFULAMAZINGBEYONDBRILLIANT blog and I have an amazing talent of disappearing from this blog at regular intervals. Right! you know everything about me now, LETS GET ON WITH THE POST!!

I have been tagged by the rather frabjous Cait, who at the same time is not as frabjous at the moment, BECAUSE SHE USED ALL THE GOOD CAKE GIFS. *evil eyes Cait* You don't get any cake for that, Cait! However, after scrawling through what felt like MILLIONS of cakeish gifs on google images, I'm quite pleased with what I've got, so I forgive you a tiny little bit.

Cait tagged me for The Cake Book Tag, which I was over the MOON to be tagged for, because well, CAKE. Oh, and books. But mostly, CAKE.

I was to lazy to make a tag banner, so you get a gif instead. A CAKE ONE. You're so lucky.

http://media.giphy.com/media/5s6MfeyaOW5qg/giphy.gif
LOOOOK IT'S CHOCOLATE CAAAAKE


FLOUR

A book that was a little slow to start off but really picked up as it went along

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4643928/flour-fail-o.gif


 I HATE BOOKS LIKE THAT. I have the attention span of a gnat and basically if a story stops being interesting, or at least MOVING, I'll stop reading.

22536448

Literally NOTHING happened in this book until I was 99% through. Then it got kinda good so I was glad I continued with it and didn't condone it to death by library bag.

BUTTER

A book that had a rich great plot

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3733377/simpsons-butter-o.gif
Don't tell anyone but I'm quite tempted to try this
DARK TRIUMPH HANDS DOWN. I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG and ASDFGHJKLMNBCXZQWERTYUIOP. Just go read it for yourself, ok?

And also we can't forget Sarah J. Maas can we?! Her books are literally so stuffed with plot, you can hardly turn the pages without some bombshell happening.

 9943270  20617636  16096824 

EGGS

A book you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable.
http://classroomclipart.com/images/gallery/Animations/Objects/egg.gif

OIII! I BEG TO DIFFER! Eggs are yum! I love eggs. I mean HELLO, PAVLOVA ANYONE??!! <--eggs right there and delicious at that.

I truly thought I'd hate The 100, but I actually ended up enjoying it! It was pretty much junk food for the brain and I didn't waste a single brain cell over it which is probably a good thing.

17332969



SUGAR

A sweet sugary book
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2372214/sugar-lumps-o.gif

I don't read many sugary books. I tend to live on  a staple diet of blood, gore, psychopathic characters, murder, snark and more blood. 

Saying that however, I am up for adorable reads now and then as long as they've got some meat to them. All these books had that, but still carried the OMGTHATISSOADORABLEASDGHJKL feature.

 19403811  18460376  18015965 

ICING

A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf92d30dc167aeaa28849f5f4b385c8e/tumblr_mjnwriICps1r7ln6qo1_250.gif

BASICALLY ALL MY FAVOURITE BOOKS...that I can actually remember. I have many books that make my heart sing BUT I ALSO have a memory that is so bad that it has trouble remembering what day it is, let alone

18080011  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18079527-the-impossible-knife-of-memory?from_search=true  9943270  20613807 18079804 19403811

OBVIOUSLY there are about a MILLION others, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.  
 

SPRINKLES

A book series that you can kind of turn back to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down

A chance of sprinkles.. Found surfing the interwebz. I lol'd Don't be a bum, spare a thumb..
OMG THIS GIF *dies laughing*
Here in NZ we call them hundreds and thousands (because there are literally hundreds and thousands of them in a tiny bottle), but my little sister calls them tinkle winkles and it's kind of stuck. It's probably going to be tinkle winkles for the rest of my days. >.>

I always turn to Harry Potter when I want a pick me up, and lately I've been rereading some old childhood favourites for memories sake, like Just William and James Herriott. I LOVE THEM ALL SO.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/862041.Harry_Potter_Boxset?from_search=true   2097727  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/943903.The_Complete_James_Herriot?from_search=true

THE CHERRY ON TOP

Your favourite book of this year so far


http://38.media.tumblr.com/5301ee89a34bb131a542c3cd4ce5b219/tumblr_mk541sOYyU1qbrdf3o2_r1_500.gif


HOW CAN I CHOOSE 1 BOOK, HOW??!!! THAT IS SUCH A CRUEL QUESTION TO ASK.
Every Move made me cry (NO BOOK HAS EVER MADE ME CRY BEFORE, NOT EVEN HARRY POTTER), A Court of Thorns and Roses was, well, MINDBOGGLINGLY AMAZING OBVIOUSLY, 
Saving Francesca has become my new favourite Melina Marchetta book and I have no words to describe how much I adored this novel (an incredibly rare occurrence, I know).

 18516682  16096824  5713968


I tag...







Oh! And before you go, answer the million dollar question: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE KIND OF CAKE??!!

25 comments :

  1. OMG thank you so much for tagging me!!! I can't wait to start hunting through all the cake gifs like you and Cait already have... Ughhhh so many goooood books on this list *ahem* sarah j. maas *ahem* and I can't wait to do this :) Also my favourite cake is definitely a lemon tart sort of thing... yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD LUCK! The gif looking is the best part, I tell you! ;')
      YES SARAH J. MAAS YES YES YES. AND OMG LEMON TAAAAARRRRRRTTT *drools*

      Delete
  2. Great post, Ella! I especially love the cake gif at the beginning. CAKE IS FANTASTIC.
    I'm like you, if the beginning of a book is slow, I will DNF. I have no patience. Also, I like to re-read childhood favorites like Harry Potter when I need a pick-me-up.
    Now, the most important thing. My favorite cake is probably Red Velvet. Because it's like chocolate (which I also love)... but better! :) Especially when it has buttercream frosting!!! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a terrible thing: I HAVE NEVER HAD RED VELVET CAKE IN MY LIFE. Obviously something is very wrong with me >.>

      *drools* BUTTERCREAM ICIIIIIIIIING. I made some the other day to ice a cake, and ate, like, half the bowl. NOT ASHAMED. ;')

      Delete
  3. CAKE GIFS ARE THE BEST. I LITERALLY DIED LOOKING AT THAT ICING GIF THOUGH BECAUSE I REALLY REALLY WANT ICING RIGHT NOW. I agree about eggs. Eggs are glorious staples of life. I love eggs. Although I'm not such a fan of pavalova because CREAM. Ugh. I don't like cream. (Yeah, how weird am I, right?! Ice cream however, is the heaven's gift to humankind.)
    AHEM.
    but we're talking about books also.
    YAY FOR ELLIE MARNEY. OMG I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I AM IN LOVE WITH EVERY BREATH. I'm getting the rest from the library asap. And if the library doesn't have them, I'm totally buying. I'm not even going to hesitate like I ALWAYS do for buying books because they're just that freaking brilliant. *happy sigh* Your rightness knows NO BOUNDS.
    I loved the Adventures of Cinnamon Girl! SO CUTE. I shipped Alba and Grady SO SO HARD. :')

    YAAAY SO GLAD YOU DID THIS TAG.

    I really really really love brownie cheescake. It's not overly sweet so it doesn't murder the brain to have a BIG piece. And the base is literally nuts, butter, chocolate, and sweetner. IT IS LIKE CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS. Um, yum. 'Scuse me, I have to go clean the drool off my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pavlova is amazing. I love cheesecake, because cheesecake is amazing and beautiful. Cinnamon Girl WAS quite sweet, and there was a lot of baking. I read Every Breath a few weeks ago and now I want to read them ALL. Saving Francesca looks truly excellent, but the Auckland Digital Libraries only has it in Spanish. I call them hundreds and thousands AND sprinkles (American school + Indian country+New Zealand Passport)
    (and btw, Ella, I subscribed, but I'm not being emailed. HOW CAN I FIX THIS?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *starts drooling* OHHH HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN CHEESECAKE! >_<

      SAVING FRANCESCA IS EXCELLENT TIMES EXCELLENT ON TOP OF EXCELLENT. *flails* That is TERRIBLE that Auckland (and also: DO YOU LIVE IN NZ??!!) libraries don't have it in English! X(((

      Bummer, you're not getting emailed??!! :'( Ok, I reactivated your email subscription, but I don't know if it worked or not, so do tell me if it isn't! *hyperventilates*

      Delete
    2. I live in India, but I use the auckland digital libraries, because membership.
      Okay, I'll see when you next post something. DON'T PANIC. Thanks! Yeah, I would love to read it, because Jellicoe road was amazing, I'll have to hunt elsewhere for Francesca.

      Delete
  5. I fail at the Cake Book Tag because my favourite type of cake is... PIE. I had this incredible apple pie recently- I have it every year for my birthday breakfast and this was the first time since I'd been gluten free, and it was THE BEST EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had to choose a book to turn to, it would definitely be This Song Will Save Your Life. it's amazing and if you haven't read it, I would really recommend!

    CAKE OMG. I haven't done this tag but it sounds like BUCKETS OF FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all...these cake GIFs are absolutely torturous and are making me extremely hungry. *cries in unfairness*

    I completely agree with all your choices Ella! All of Sarah J. Maas' books have such amazing and rich plots, and there really aren't any fantasies with plots like hers.

    Thanks for the tag, and wonderful answers & GIFs (as always)! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post - the gifs are great! My favourite cake would have to be lemon cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best tag ever, obviously, because caaaaake. A lot of people seem to say similar things about The Sin Eater's Daughter, actually. I have a copy of it, though, so I'm still quite looking forward to reading it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a TOUGH question: there's so much amazing cake out there! Obviously chocolate cake, but I also really like lemon cake and then there's the traditional birthday cake (vanilla sponge and jam)... See? How do you choose?! Cake in general is just awesome! - as long as it doesn't have cream on it. I can't stand cream!

    Sarah J. Maas' books are amazing! I really liked Half Bad and I so want to read The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl, but I can't seem to get a print copy :( And, omg, omg! You included Whisper the Dead! I haven't seen anyone else mention an Alyxandra Harvey book before - I'm a huge fan!

    I like how you even managed to include a book with cake in the title. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cake is fabulous. Too bad I can't handle too much frosting or I feel nauseous. :/

    Unless it's Chocolate frosting. I will definitely go for the chocolate cake.

    I haven't read any of the books you listed though. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'M SO DESPERATE FOR A COPY OF ACOTAR I CAN'T EVEN SPEAK. I've preordered my copy off TBD, but still. I cannot wait until release date. And of course Harry Potter is an old favourite.

    I've been dying to try red velvet cake for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah J. Maas is definitely the queen of rich world building! :) And Dark Triumph was glorious in that aspect as well! :) Oh, and apparently Every Breath has EVERYTHING fabulous about a book? Come on, you're making me want to purchase it RIGHT NOW. xD

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this is like the worlds greatest tag. BOOKS AND CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! And I've only just seen this and the fact you tagged me and I am beyond excited. Definitely need to hurry up and get to it,

    So many amazing answers!!! Especially ACOTAR because that book is definitely the cherry on top. AMAZING BOOK! I'm planning to start The Rosie Project soon, I like that you'd class it as a sweet read. I'm really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! the gifs are amazing! My favourite cake would have to be raspberry cheesecake because it will comfort me and cheesecake is the best food in the world. when you bite it and its an instant heavenly feeling. =D I really love your blog, would you like to follow each other? If you follow me, please let me know. I will follow you back for sure. thank you so much! =D
    TOM AND TINS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is so funny! The sugary gif. Oh my god. Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory is probably my favorite, especially if it's got a bunch of different kinds of chocolate in it. *salivates* I CAN'T WAIT FOR ACOTAR. I have it preordered and now I'm just like sitting and biting my nails until I can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *looks up half of books on goodreads* Loving the chocolate cake GIFs... *_* Dark Triumph looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah J Maas' books are totally rich. CAKE. YUM. I WANT SOME!! ooh thanks for the tag <33

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this tag, it's very fun and enjoyable - I agree with you about The Sin Eater's daughter. I thought the romance was a fail for me as well, although the ending has me intrigued to check out the next book. <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite cake is red velvet! Because, I'm just so fancy. XD Plus... CREAM CHEESE ICING!!! YEEEEESS! This tag is awesome btw, it's just so fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha cait tagged us as well ((technically my sister but whateves) I loved the impossible knife of memory, and Just william is a classic. I wasn't so keen on the Cinnamon Girl but that's all right. What are the rosie project and Chocolate cake for breakfast about? Oh btw (I think this was your other post) but I'm kinda a kiwi book blogger so I know all about 100s and 1000s. As in, my blog started in new zealand and that's my citizen ship but I don't live there. <3 lovely tag https://weavingwaveswords.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...