Saturday, 14 February 2015

If I was a BOOK, what book would I be?!


A week or so ago, I was sitting in the car in a carpark, being slowly roasted alive by the sun and I had NO BOOKS WITH ME. And I was BORED. So I got out my notebook and started listing a random list of things I would be if I was a book. Because I was bored. And I was slowly dying a death by roasting. And we all know good blog post ideas come from those situations, don't we?!

And then I decided it would be a brilliant blog post, so here they all are!.

1. I would be YA! Duh! If you didn't see that coming you don't deserve to be on this blog, and you have to give me all your favourite books as punishment! MWAHAHAHAHA.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/o-rly-really-you-dont-say/o-rly003.gif

2. I would either be a) A murder mystery/thriller/BOTH, that would tie your brain in knots AND MAKE YOU NEVER SLEEP AGAIN (think Dangerous Boys!), or c) a fairytale retelling that was so mind bogglingly stunning and different but wonderful AND JUST ALL THE THINGS (think A Court of Thorns and Roses!)! Whatever I am, though, it will be the best thing you have ever read, because, well, I AM ALLLLLL OF THOSE THINGS AND MORE! Admit it: YOU LOVES ME. You can't help it, I know, I'm just to adorable for my own good. *flutters eyelashes* You will probably be torn between wanting to gorge out my eyes in jealousy of my beautiful writing, and becoming my loyal slaves subjects. I advise the latter as I am a very nice evil Fairy! I'll feed you with cake...occasionally. If I remember.

 http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/KillingYouLoki.gif


3. I would very likely be quite lengthy and have to much dialogue. There would be lots of arguments and looooong discussions about interesting THINGS (LIKE WHY IS THERE NEVER ENOUGH CAKE! WHY?!). Because in real life I argue a lot and discuss the weirdest things.

 http://www.viralport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/make-you-flight-attendant-hate-you-18.gif

4. My characters and I would most likely do nothing but eat and eat and eat and eat AND EAAAAT for the whole book. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. Plus, food scenes are the BEST.

 http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Adventure-Time-I-Love-Food-More-Than-I-Love-People.gif

5. I would have the most gorgeous cover OF ALL TIME. But with not even a whisker of a human's face on it. I am SO tired of those covers and I never think they look very attractive anyway. My cover would be so drop dead utterly beautiful you'd want to hang me from your wall like ART. And I'd kick ass with an awesome font, as I love gorgeous fonts almost more then anything.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Adventure-Time-Finn-Beautiful.gif
THANK YOU. *flips hair*

6. I WOULD BE LOVE TRIANGLE FREE. I would rather garotte myself then have myself with a love triangle. The idea horrifies me! The angst! The Llama Drama! The jealousy! URGH! NOOOOO! I'm still tossing up the possibility of going ROMANCE free, as I am SO sick of every YA book I pick up having a romance. Decisions my friends, decisions.

 http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/matthew-broderick-oh-my-god.gif

7. I would have DIVERSITY! Diversity is important! Thus it should be in books more, but it can be sadly lacking in the Young Adult genre.Thankfully though, you have amazing me, and I will fix EVERYTHING. *waves fairy wand wildly*

8.I would be stuffed full of sarcasm and maybe a little funny (just a tad). I am slightly sarcastic. Just a little. I like to make people snort their coffee up their nose because I've made them laugh. It's a good feeling!

http://cdn4.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Im-So-Hilarious.gif

Soooo, thinking about it...what books would I ACTUALLY BE, if I was a book?! 

 
 1808001116096824
 
          // If I was a Contemporary...//If I was a Fantasy...//               

                            571396860510                         

 All these books are my preciousess! They clicked with me, in a way few books do! (That is also code for YOU SHOULD GO READ THEM NOW.) There are also a  thousand other beautiful books that should also be in this post, but they aren't because a) There really isn't enough room in this blog post, and b) I forgot. I TOLD YOU MY MEMORY IS BAD.


So SPILL: What sort of book would YOU be?! PLEASE TELL ME!! What genre would you be??!! What would you be about??!! TELL ME ALLLL.

34 comments :

  1. I THINK YOU WOULD BE A FABULOUS BOOK. Particularly with all the food. Maybe I would just be a cookbook? I would be a delicious dessert cookbook. HAHA. OKAY FINE. I would be YA. And my title would probably be Freaking Fabulous because #reasons.
    bahahaha.
    Kidding.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. *fluffs wings* I would be the most fantastical book in the UNIVERSE!! Haha, you would be THE BEST cookbook EVER, beacause, well, FOOOOOOD. xD

      Delete
  2. I would be a great book. And so would you. Um, YA, retelling or Fantasy
    Sabriel by Garth Nix.
    Cinder by Marissa Meyer
    Aristotle and Dante by Benjamin Ares Saliz (no idea how to spell that name lol)
    I loved this post, Ella :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. xD We would be AMAZING!
      AAAAAAAH, why didn't I think of Aristotle and Dante???!!!! Most beautiful book EVER.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I think I've done it. I think I've found the one post on the internet that is my spirit animal. Congratulations, you have written my spirit blog post.

    Aside from this post being pure gold and I agree with everything you said and I would read you as a book and more things because this is a run-on sentence, I love all of those books. Poison Study is my child in book form, and Every Breath makes me mad because the sequel is yet to be released here. Curse the United States. I haven't read Saving Francesca, but Melina Marchetta is fantastic so I'm assuming this book is too. Don't even get me started on ACOTAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWWWW! THAT'S SUCH A NICE THING TO SAY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MADDY! *wipes tear from eye* YOU ARE THE BESTEST PERSON EVER AND I'M SPEECHLESS. :O
      THANK YOU TIMES A BILLION. <3

      Wasn't it a pity that the other Study books were so disappointing?! :'( It makes me sad. X(
      I thought you lived in the UK?! Or have I got the complete wrong end of the stick?!

      READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ SAVING FRANCESCA READ ITTTTTT. It's unbelievably amazing!!

      ACOTAR was amazing. That is all.

      Delete
  4. Great post, Ella! I think you would make a very excellent book :)
    If I were a book, I would definitely be a YA fantasy. Or maybe a mystery.
    PS. I tagged you for the Quirky, Awesome, Awkward Bookish Experiences Tag:
    http://myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-quirky-awesome-awkward-bookish.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, we can be fabulous books together!! I would tots read you, hehe ;)))

      THANKS FOR TAGGING ME HALEY!! x) Post should be up in the next weekish. <33

      Delete
  5. Oh, yes. Ella, this is fabulous. If I were a book I would be a lengthy, clean YA historical fiction book with NO ROMANCE. I'm so sick of reading books and seeing that just about every YA book has romance, and usually mature romance. I would also have a really artsy minimalist color with watercolors and pretty stuff like that. I would also have a touch of humor, but mostly lyrical, profound and beautiful writing. I would also have random full color pictures of food thrown in the book because food is pretty and food is good. Yea. I don't know if that's a picture of my personality, but it is my ideal type of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, I agree! You read my mind! I'm actually writing up a post about how 99.9% of YA books has a romance in it. IT DRIVES ME INSANE. X/ I love a really well written romance, but they start getting really annoying after a while.

      Turn into a book soon, ok?! I can never say no to a good historical fiction and you sound perfect. ;)

      Delete
  6. I love this idea!!! Also remind me to read Poison Study, I believe it's about an assassin and I neeed to read every single book about assassins out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up and read Poison Study!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE it, I just know it!! :D

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I'm going to do this on my blog too in between reviews, what a fun idea! And your answers were seriously really fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, fun, I can't wait to see your answers!! :) Could you just be awesome and mention where you got the idea from in your blog post? Thanks!!

      Delete
  8. haha you'd be a hilarious book!! :D Love the new blog design by the way. If I were a book I'd definitely be very long. It takes me forever to get to the point, succinctness is not in my vocabulary ;) I'd definitely be a fantasy since I'm always dreaming of things that could never happen in this world. I'd definitely have some romance because well I love romance ;) There would be lots of traveling in the book, and tons of action. Oh and lots of deaths. Ooh that was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You wouldn't BELIEVE the hours I spent on it, lol! ;)
      AAAAH TURN INTO A BOOK SO I CAN READ YOU ALREADY!!!

      Delete
  9. This is an awesome post! If I was a book I'd be a psychological thriller mind fuck that you just can't even explain because I feel that sums me up well. I couldn't be a YA though... I'm too old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ELLA THIS IS SUCH AN ADORABLE POST. :) Imagine a book full of food and cake haha. And while reading it, you can't help but feel envious of all that food! Love this post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! XD I'm quite pleased with it actually. :D GIVE ME THIS BOOK FULL OF CAKE NOW THANK YOU PLEASE.

      Delete
  11. Lol,great idea!If you were a book,I think people will love reading you:)
    New reader btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll become the next Harry Potter hehe! x)

      *gives you cake* THANK YOU!!!! *throws confetti*

      Delete
  12. I <3 THIS POST SO MUCH.

    I think that if I were a book, I would be FULL of sarcasm and diversity, like you said! I would have a lot of swearing but would also have some meaningful lines that give people all the feels. I would be that book that goes "DON'T WORRY. YOUR OTP IS FINE!' and they totally aren't.

    But then I'd also be the book that ends well despite its premise because I love a good HEA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASDFGHJKL THANK YOUUUU!!!!

      Swearing if used well in books is WONDERFUL! :)) Oh, and my ship of your OTP is never going to sink?! PHEWWW. *wipes brow* And who doesn't love a true fitting happy ending?!

      Delete
  13. I love this post so much! Now hurry up and be turned into a book because it sounds like the kind of book I need to read so badly!!! I love all the sarcastic humour in books, it's my favourite kind. Also, if I could be any book then I would want to be A Court of Thorns and Roses because that book is utter perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! AND NOOOO YOU CANNOT BE ACOTAR BECAUSE I'M THAT REMEMBER?! YOU WILL HAVE TO BECOME ANOTHER BOOK AS I REFUSE TO SHARE ACOTAR. *evil laugh* X)

      Delete
  14. Sounds like you would be an awesome book. xD
    If I were a book, I'd definitely be a fantasy- probably something along the lines of Tales of Goldstone Wood. I'd have romance, but it would be sweet, clean, beautiful romance, not the kind that makes you go "AGH STOP BEING IDIOTS AND GET ON WITH THE STORY". I'd have mad, brilliant plot twists, but still feel a bit fairy-tale-ish. I'd have several sarcastic-but-with-a-heart-of-gold characters, and also several characters who aren't big heroes- they're just ordinary people who sometimes fall, who forget their keys and maps and water bottles, who geek out embarrassingly over their heroes- but who also do their best even when it's hard and save the world without any special abilities at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flips hair* I knoooow, right?! I WOULD BE AWESOME ON TOP OF AWESOME. xD
      AAAH TURN INTO A BOOK BECAUSE I THINK I NEED YOU IN REAL LIFE.

      Delete
  15. Hey! Visiting from the GTW Link-up. This is a cool thought... It was interesting reading about what kind of book you'd be. I don't have time to figure out *everything* about the book I'd be, but I do know what the name would be: When Life Hands You Lymes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Oh thank you!! I had heaps of fun writing it, hehe ;')
      Just from your title, I think you'd be a really emotional impacting book. I'd definitely read you! :)

      Delete
  16. Here from the GTW linkey.
    You sound like a fun book. :D
    If I was a book, I would be a adventure novel (probably YA and possibly sci-fi) with NO romance and lots of angst and trauma. And then some hilarious moments thrown in at random intervals because that's how I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiii! :))
      You sound awesome! Humour is excellent at all intervals xD

      Delete
  17. YES YES YES.

    This post is the bestest (shhh, the word HAS to exist). I totally don't get how slapping on a girl onto a book makes it unique and beautiful. DIFFERENT COVERS. GORGEOUS FONT? I'm in. Because I totally don't have an obsession with different fonts and download like 50 a week. Nope.

    I'd probably be snark and sarcasm, food and food. Because all four are life B) Or I'd be angst and sorrow and hair tearing situations and pools of tears. Diversity is good xD

    ~ Nirvana @ Quenching the Quill

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHA you would make a beautiful book! I agree with your choice of A Court of Thorns and Roses, it does sound like a perfect book. I would probably be a fantasy novel in YA, and yes to diversity! Awesome post<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...