Thursday, 2 October 2014

Waiting on Wednesday {3!}

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming book releases that readers are impatiently waiting to get their greasy little mits on (think me)!

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.co.nz/

This Week I'm Waiting On...


17285330

[click on the cover to go to the goodreads page]


There's death all around us.
We just don't pay attention.
Until we do.


The last time Lex was happy, it was before. When she had a family that was whole. A boyfriend she loved. Friends who didn't look at her like she might break down at any moment.

Now she's just the girl whose brother killed himself. And it feels like that's all she'll ever be.

As Lex starts to put her life back together, she tries to block out what happened the night Tyler died. But there's a secret she hasn't told anyone-a text Tyler sent, that could have changed everything.

Lex's brother is gone. But Lex is about to discover that a ghost doesn't have to be real to keep you from moving on.

From New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Hand, The Last Time We Say Goodbye is a gorgeous and heart-wrenching story of love, loss, and letting go. ~Blurb from Goodreads~



The Last Time We Said Goodbye hits the shelves 10th February 2015!


Why Am I Waiting?!

Um, firstly, THAT COVER. *drools*  I really, really, detest human faces/bodies smushed on book covers!  So this beautiful simple book cover  is such a nice change!  It's simple!  The fonts aren't fire engine loud! It's just beautiful photography which I'm a total sucker for. ;)

Grief books and I don't have the bestest of relationships, but this little lovely seems to hold so much promise that I'm hoping we'll get on well! *crosses fingers*

BUT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL FEBRUARY 2015!!!!  *throws tantrum*  HOW WILL THIS FRABJOUS FAIRY WAIT TILL THEN??!!  I'm not the most patient bookworm out there (read: brat) I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to last till then.  Grab a time machine perhaps...?  Actually, that is a BRILLIANT idea. *plots*


What are YOU waiting on??!!  Leave a link in the comments!!







6 comments :

  1. I AGREE. THIS BOOK. I NEED IT. I usually don't like grief books either, but I'm a sucker for an awesome cover. I love sticky-notes! They're my bestfriend in life, so of course I'll like it on an actual cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Sticky notes and lists make up 3/4 of room floor so they're my bestest paper friends ;) WE SHOULD BUDDY READ THIS BOOK TOGETHER.

      Delete
  2. I do like the cover! It's so simple and neat. :)

    I also have a weird relationship with grief books, especially ones that involve suicide, but I've been trying to branch out into new areas and this sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, YES, and YES! This is probably one of my most anticipated spring titles, and I am so glad it intrigues you too Ella! I'm a weirdo in that I love books that deal with grief and emotional topics (because if an author is able to really make you emotional, that means they're doing something right - ha!) so I can't wait to see what this one has to offer. Thanks for sharing Ella and, as always, FRABJOUS post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T THE COVER JUST SO BEAUTIFUL. I just can't stop drooling over it! O.O *bug eyed*
      I'm not a very emotional reader :( It's got to be a blimin fantastic book before it makes me feel all the feels. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...