Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Top Ten Character Driven Novels That Deserve to be Driven Right into Peoples Hearts

It's Top Ten Tuesday!!  This weeks prompt is: Top Ten Character Driven Novels!  Which of course made me think of of characters driving cars and I had to resist the very strong urge not to fill my post with racing car gifs.  (I just filled it up with Alice in Wonderland gifs instead.)  I am honestly more of a plot person then a character person but CHARACTERS A RE STILL IMPORTANT TO ME.  My heart is pretty full up with my favourites!

 
 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  Check out their frabjous blog for more details! 


120000201940381112989100


1.) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

This book is the character driven book of ALL BOOKS.  I just...literally have no words.  Which is incredibly rare for me! (Just ask my family.)  EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9xv4kUBzx1qze5g2o1_500.gif
SEE.  NO WORDS.

2.) The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl

Marvellous Food! Comics! Food!  Frabjouness!  Delicious Food! Characters of Awesome! AND MORE FOOD!!  An adorable romance that is so cute you can literally not function!  GO READ IT NOW.  

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkms0kj0Qw1qhc137o1_500.gif
ME FINISHING THE BOOK AKA FALLING DOWN A DARK TUNNEL OF FEELS.

3.) Me Since You

A book about grief that I actually really loved and didn't a) lob it at my bedroom wall in frustration (I like my wall to much though.  It is a nice wall.) or b) tossing up the option if t would be worth using it as fire tinder (I have come to close to liking on that choice far to often.)!  Throw in an UNDERSTANDING love interest that KNOWS when to STEP BACK and just be their to lean on and not be a WHINY TURNIP.  Basically what no other love interest in all the grief books I've ever read have failed to do.


2217185138709534258



4.) Apple and Rain

AWWWWW.  THIS BOOK.  Although I didn't like the reference that homeschoolers are "wierdos" WHICH THEY ARE NOT and I should know, because I am one, but Apple's journey through her writing and getting closure so to speak was BEAUTIFUL (although, I might've been a teeny tiny bit green with envy jealous of her poetry skills).  I ate this book up in a couple of hours as it was so delicious.  ALSO: ISN'T THE COVER THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING YOU HAVE EVER SET EYES ON????!!!!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/jDWns8ZFDEnT2/giphy.gif
I should possibly stop talking.

5.) Holes

My Wonderful Mother actually read this to me and my siblings a few months back and I LOVED IT.  I really, really, really, enjoy books about survival, and Holes pretty much hit it on the head.  Go awesome evil poisonous lizards!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luu1ke3D2X1qm6oc3o1_500.gif
*giggles*CHEERLEADING FLOWERS!


6.) Sisters in Sanity

Heh.  Well, I think when a book is about a group of girls working together to escape a rather horrible treatment centre, it's called character driven (although there weren't many cars).  Funnily enough, while I loved this to the fridge and back (the love of my life) I didn't like If I Stay...

15842836157158447505716

284440

7.) My Brother Simple

This is the only book I've EVER got teary over.  EVER.  My eyeballs actually moistened, something that NEVER happens and I had a tiny tear dribble out, which doesn't really count as crying, bawling or sobbing, but it is still astonishing for me!  But, yes, this is probably one of the best books I've ever read SO GO READ IT NOW.  Not enough people know about it.

http://media.giphy.com/media/eSmQxEI5mSajK/giphy.gif
ONE tear, Alice not a thousand.  But I get your point.


8.) How to Lead a Life of Crime

Oh, another amazing life changing, brain smushing, heart chopping, feels squashing book!  Cait and I both agree that this is one of the best books ever written in the bookaverse, SO JUST GO READ IT NOW, and stop reading my gibberish.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/GqdEjSmUs9Fmg/giphy.gif
ME TALKING GIBBERISH.

9.) Alice In Wonderland

MY FAVOURITE BOOK IN THE UNIVERSE, THE WORLD, THE GALEXY, EVEEEEEERYWHEREEEEEE!!!!  Heh, Alice In Wonderland isn't known for it's, er, intricate plot, so I just had to have it in my list. ;)

http://37.media.tumblr.com/dddd31f55a47a1c4fd48e69b6001d43b/tumblr_n8asruSsU51tfi94jo1_500.gif
I am, most definitely mad.



10.) Skulduggery Pleasant

THEY'RE TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD TOGETHER.  If that isn't character driven I don't know what is.

http://s1.favim.com/orig/140403/advice-alice-in-wonderland-black-and-white-gif-Favim.com-1604900.gif
Me trying to get up the guts to read the last book in the series.  TIS HARD. *SOBS*


And that is my list!!



http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdg6ja2Qxc1rir1pko1_500.gif

Excellent advice Mr. Hare!  Let us talk about YOUR lists and if any of my marvellousamos choices are on yours (Admit it: they were brilliant picks)!!  Also, did you know I'm holding my first ever international giveaway??!!  ENTER, ENTER, FRABJOUS PEOPLE!!

26 comments :

  1. Yes yes, How To Lead a Life Of Crime is the BEST and most underrated book of EVER. Although I think it's hilarious that you thought of car gifs too. XD I didn't resist temptation though. IT WAS TOO WONDERFUL TO FIND ALL THE GIFS. (And hilarious. I spent way more time watching gifs then actually writing the post...but shhhh. Secret.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listening to Skulduggery Pleasant right. You can imagine how THRILLED I am to be stepping foot into this world! Aristotle and Dante are on my list too and How to Lead a Life of Crime is another excellent pick. I have not read your other picks. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-29o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T SKULDUGGERY THE MOST FRABJOUS THING EVERS??!!!! I love his gun x)
      Aristotle and Dante is soooooo good and How to Lead a Life of Crime made my brain melt!

      Delete
  3. I loved Ari and Dante! It's definitely an amazing character driven book! And I still need to read Apple & Rain and also the Adventures of Cinnamon Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg yes Me Since You and Apple and Rain are such beautifully written novels and defintiely character driven. I am reading Cinnamon girl sometime soon--very excited about that!

    Lovely post, Ella! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Since You almost made me CRY. That is an amazing feat in it's self ;)
      OMG I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK OF CINNAMON GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Can I just say you have AMAZING taste in books??? Mostly because it's similar to me. HA. I totally approve of the Alice in Wonderland gifs. Oh, and Ari + Dante was first on my list as well <3 love that book so hard.

    *adds all these books to my TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these except Holes and I love that one! I loved the Alice in Wonderland GIFs :)

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU'VE READ CINNAMON GIRL! Tell me what you thought! Will you be posting a review? The Food. AAH. The food. I really liked that book.

    I have not actually read a lot of these, though- have two (guess) on my tbr and didn't finish one. Which would you recommend... the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I HAVE! AND IS WAS FRABJOUS! I will definitely be writing a review ;)

      I would honestly recommend you My Brother Simple because it is SIMPLY THE BESTEST BOOK IN THE WORLD, but I think you'd also love How to Lead a Life of Crime as well....oh, and Sisters in Sanity...and Apple and Rain...and Aristotle and Dante...BASICALLY ALL OF THEM. Don't ask such hard questions Romi!

      AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT BOOKS ON MY LIST YOU HAVE READ. TELL ME!

      Delete
    2. I've read Alice, Cinnamon and Apple, though I ended up not completing Apple and Rain, unfortunately. I will look up your recommendations! xx

      Delete
  8. YESS I totally agree with Aristotle & Dante, it's still my favourite book of 2014, I hope I'll read it again! So lucky you've read Cinnamon Girl, I can't wait to read that one! I've read Holes as well and that was quite good and memorable especially being MG. Great picks Ella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aristotle and Dante is tied with another book for my favourite book of 2014, I think :) YOU NEED CINNAMON GIRL LIKE RIGHT NOW. Seriously SO good! >.<

      Holes was spiffing, I love that book so much.

      Delete
  9. Nice.
    Apart from ALice in wonderland, of course.
    Apart from that it is very good!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALL MY YES to your #10 gif. It's my birthday today and I have The Dying of the Light ..... but if I READ it a) the series will be OVER and b) no doubt my feels will be RIPPED OUT AND STAMPED ON AND THROWN OFF A CLIFF AND MADE INTO BURGERS. Such is Derek Landy, as you will surely know. I've still not emotionally recovered from book 8. Maybe I should just hug #9 for ages instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPPY VERRRY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!! *smushes cake in your hair*
      And I STILL haven't got the guts to read it! DX WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??!!!

      Delete
  11. I've never actually read any of these books... except for Alice in Wonderland. I should really start hunting the rest of them down haha! Wow.. you're holding an international giveaway?? I can't wait! You have a new follower:) I love your blog! <3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice in Wonderland is a GREAT book ;) AND YOU NEED SOME OF THESE BOOKS IN YOUR LIFE YOU DO YOU SO DO.

      Thank you so much for following!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  12. Brilliant picks! You've picked so many books that I am dying to read - Skullduggery Pleasant, Aristotle & Dante, Me Since You, Apple & Rain. I love character driven books, so you have made me even more excited to get to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Character driven books are GLORIOUS! :) I always used to be a plot driven girl but I've swapped sides now ;)
    You reallllllllly need to read Aristotle and Dante! LIKE NOW. GO GO GO GOOOO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...