Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Top Ten Utterly Frabjous and Wildly Marvelous Book Characters I'd Want at My Tea Party

Today, I am breaking rules.  I know.  I'm so badass.  I'm joining up with the frabjous Top Ten Tuesday meme, but instead of going along with this week's list: Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table, I've decided to change it to: Top Ten Book Characters I'd Want at My Tea Party.  Why?  There a three reasons:

1.) Although I am of highschool age, I don't go to school.  I'm homeschooled.  We do eat lunch and we do have tables, us homeschoolers, but I still wanted to twist the topic to my liking. ;)

2.) I am a Wonderland Freak.  I also thought this was a brilliant opportunity to spring my love of it on you all.  *cue evil laugh*  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

3.) I can't remember reason three.


 http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  Check out their frabjous blog for more details!  


This meme involves one of true loves: Lists!  I love lists beyond infinity!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwpd84cmI21qb8o02o1_500.gif

1.) Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass Series

13519397 

Celaena shows quite an appetite for food in the Throne of Glass books that I love.  We both adore chocolate cake, which OF COURSE, I have here today to tempt her to come, mainly so I can gloat how we're somewhat related (I have green eyes with gold rings around them.  Not Celaena's blue, yes, BUT STILL.  WE SHARE THE GOLD.  WE ARE RELATED SOMEHOW). 





http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln5na8Ei9z1qb1eb9o1_500.gif



2.) All of the Harry Potter world Luna Lovegood, Hermione Granger and Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter Series.


3



I could put a massive paragraph explaining WHY I want these magnificent people to come to my tea party but I don't really think you want to see how enthusiastic I actually AM about these books and how invested I am in the characters, especially the one's above!





http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpaebkooU1qabjec.gif 



3.) and 4.) The Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland

7505716
Because what's a Tea Party without a Mad Hatter involved???!!!  Exactly, IT'S NOT ONE. I am OBSESSED with The Mad Hatter.  He's my favourite character from Alice In Wonderland and he's just FRABJOUS.  I have a kind of hat collection so It'd be absolutely joyous to come home with one he made for me.  *happy sigh* Such fun!

I've always loved the character of the Queen of Hearts as she's always fascinated me.  Although the only reason I'm inviting her is so that I can try and steal her axe.




http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/ab/b7/e8abb7ed0914e19ee2fdb17c52c3003a.jpg




5.), 6.) and 7.) Ismae, Sybella, and Annith from His Fair Assassin Series
9565548 I think this series might be second to Harry Potter for me.  It is just so frabjous and beautiful and magnificent and wonderful and beautiful and amazing and fantastic and brilliant and -- oh dear, my fangirling is starting to get to that stage where your hands kind of do that thing where they're kind of twitching and waving and clapping at the same time.




9943270Anyways, although, I haven't read Mortal heart YET (November is such a long time away *sigh*), I know a bit about Annith and would just love for her to be at the tea party.  I have madly adored Ismae in Grave Mercy and Sybella in Dark Triumph for SO long so I would do almost ANYTHING for them to come!  I LOVE THEM SO MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!  I want Ismae to teach me about Poisons and Sybella to teach me how to use a sword.  I have it all worked out, as you can see ;)  I don't know what Annnith could teach me but I'm sure there's something!  SOMETHING ASSASSINY.
20522640



http://31.media.tumblr.com/f2308d3703f3f6766ed87ec4f6e8359c/tumblr_mp9fm0XHUv1r5keybo1_500.gif
My aim would be far from Katniss' expertise.  I'd probably shoot myself in the eye.








 8.) Meghan Chase from The Iron Fey Series
6644117
Adventures!  Fey!  Magic!  Portals! Humour!  Frabjousness!  It's actually been awhile since I've read The Iron Fey books so inviting Meghan to the party is an excellent idea to get better acquainted again.






 http://img.pandawhale.com/post-12472-Shia-LaBeouf-magic-gif-SNL-dou-po6D.gif







9.) Josie from Looking for Alibrandi

1379697
 Josie has one of the biggest mouths I've ever found in all the YA fiction I've read (hint: ALOT).  She has a smart smart FOR EVERYTHING and I just love her to bits.  Everything about Looking for Alibrandi deserves to be cherished and it's definitely one of my favourite books of all time.  So yes:  Josie is a MUST for this Tea Party. 





http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96ltrrxNx1r8p2q4.gif
MY LANGUAGE




10.) Yelena from Poison Study

3462638

Poisons!  Poisons!  POISONS!!!   This book just makes me want to break out in song (don't worry I won't)!  Yelena has such a clear voice that it feels like you actually IN the story experiencing it with her, and...WOW.  It's just amazing.  Of course inviting a food taster is probably going to freak the other guests buuut...I don't care.  Yelena is a MUST.  She could teach me all about poisons...





http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/ef/f4/48eff4d0c7e8acd59bbb7525f4d4743a.jpg








 *Apologies for the rather rambliness of this post, I've recently had my tonsils out so I'm not all there. DX


Link me up to your TTTs!!  Anyone on my list on yours??!!

38 comments :

  1. I was very tempted to add a ridiculous number of HP character to my list, too! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* You, me, and all this weeks TTT linkers I think! :D

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I also chose Hermione! Great way to skip the pre-readings by just asking for a summary ;P I wanted so many HP characters, but limited myself to one per series/book, so well. But Gred and Forge would make lunch unendingly entertaining! And of course Wonderland characters are a must for tea parties :D

    (Psst, here's my TTT; would love to hear what you think about it if you have time!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm quite fabulous like that x) Naw, just kidding, I was actually quite tired and zombified when I wrote this post, so when I got to Harry Potter, I was like, "IT'S ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE AND THE WORLD DOESN'T WAN TO KNOW THE EXTENT OF MY LOVE OF IT, FIND A GIF!" I was in quite a zombie mood. ;)


      Of course! You just CAN'T have a tea party without some Wonderland sprinkled in, can you?! ;P

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. LOVING THE MIRANDA GIFS. THEY ARE FABULOUS. Totally agree with all the HP characters - I'd just like to go to Hogwarts, really. Also, that picture of Alice in Wonderland? I OWN THAT EDITION. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. Slightly dangerous invited the Queen of Hearts, but there you go - you must be crazy :) And I love Josie too, she made me laugh so many times in that book :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO DO I. AND THEY ARE VERY FABULOUS. I LOVE MIRANDA GIFS.
      And if you get a Hogwarts letter, do tell me and I'll sneak along with you. (Honestly: I WOULD.)
      I know! That's why I chose it! I remembered you'd bought that edition and it looked so pretty I had to put it in the post! :) IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL O.O
      Huh, NO SWEAT. As long as I nick her axe off her as soon as I see her, she's HARMLESS. (I think.)
      Aaaaah, Josie X) *grins* She was so funny XD

      Delete
  4. The Miranda gifs are AWESOME! Love your post! I have Grave Mercy, The Iron King and Poison Study on my TBR pile and I can't wait to read them and become acquainted with the characters!

    Kyra @ Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks x) AND YOU NEED TO BUMP GRAVE MERCY UP YOUR TBR. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oooh! Yelena is a great choice! I can't believe that didn't come to me! LOL!! And the Weasleys? Definitely!! The whole darn family would be a blast!!

    This was one of my favorite TTT's, and I've been doing them for three years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. She's so brilliant *sigh* :)

      Whoah, 3 YEARS???!!! Wow! x)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, Yelena and Ismae are great choices! I haven't read Dark Triumph yet, but I can't wait to really get to know Sybella. And a million yeses for Celaena. She'd be so much fun to get to know. Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know ;)
      Sybella is amaziiiiiiiiing!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. THIS IS THE BEST TWIST EVER. Can I be invited to your tea party? Thanks.

    I really wish fictional characters could be real. Though I'm not a big fan of Meghan (sorry), I think it would still be cool to invite her to a tea party! I haven't read anything else on your list though besides HARRY POTTERRR! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! *passes you invite*

      I KNOW. *sigh* I wish that at least once a day *looks at bookcase mournfully*

      Delete
  8. CELAENA,HP characters,haha the Mad hatter <3
    I still have to read most of this (definitely have to read Poison Study & Grave Mercy) but I love this list! And love the gifs ;P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Mad Hatter feels! :D
      And Poison Study and Grave Mercy are all planet sized YES GET ON TO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE yeses!!

      Thanks ;)

      Delete
  9. I would totally have the entire world of Harry Potter at my lunch table. We'd have a sort of magically expanding table so that we could all fit, LOL! And high five for including the girls in the His Fair Assassin series! They are SO badass!

    Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahah!!! That sounds AWESOME! :) Can I come? ;)
      (high fives back* Thank you! They are pretty badass ;)

      Delete
  10. Omg Throne of glass and Harry Potter! All my favourite!!
    I can't wait to read the other books you've recommended!:D
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MINE TOO!
      Hope you get round to reading them in the future! :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, how many times I set out to start writing a post and it will begin with a number of point-mark reasons, and then I forget at least one. Memory, memory, memory.

    Luna Lovegood is my all time favourite character from HP, so I'm very chuffed to see her here- I didn't know she was one of your favourites too, did I? ISN'T SHE GREAT? And such good tea-party company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory is so bad >.< I'll go upstairs to get something and come back down in the space of 30 seconds as I've forgotten what I was meant to do >.> This happens FAR to often for my liking >:\

      Luna is amazing! :D And no you didn't ;)

      Delete
  12. Your tea party sounds like loads of fun! I mean, with the Weasley twins there, I don't see how it couldn't be. Also, I feel like the Mad Hatter and Luna would get along really well. That's one conversation I would love to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is! :)
      Oh, YES, YES, YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! That would be so amazing!!!! WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT???!!!!!

      Delete
  13. Harry Potter crew, Celaena, Ismae, Mad Hatter! Great choices. I bet Alice will not be that pleased to not have been invited. (Can you hear her screaming about how it was Alice's Tea Party to begin with!?). Great to see Luna on your list, I loved her! So much fun it would be, with the Harry Potter buddies! And her fabulousness needs to be more well-known. Love your post. And I have a hidden motive. Oh yes. It is...

    Psst. Do invite me to your tea party. I couldn't miss such an awesome event for the world. ;D

    Thanks for stopping by @ The Literary Oracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice annoys me :/ Therefore she has been BANNED. And no, I am blatantly ignoring her screams of rage while sharing cake with Celaena. SO THERE.

      Hmm, hidden motive, eh? ;) *passes invite*

      Delete
  14. Hey there! Thanks for following me! =)
    I absolutely LOVE what you did with this TTT. I love tea parties and Wonderland! I totally agree on all the HP characters. Who wouldn't want just ALL of Hogwarts at their tea party?

    I'm also stopping by to say, yay! I'm nominating you and your awesome blog for a Leibster Award! Check out my blog for more info. =D

    -Jazzie @ The Book Dancer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me!
      I probably would've invited ALL of Hogwarts if I haden't been held to ten. ;)

      Yay! :D Thank you! I'll stop by soon! :)

      Delete
  15. Those GIFS are so incredible funny, especially the one listed under The Iron Fey. LOL.
    I'm a Wonderland freak as well, I absolutely love it! We need a support group :D
    I think on top of my list would be Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Because at the end of the night when no one wants to leave, he's be able to clear a room like nobody's business. Awesome list Ella, absolutely LOVE it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I laugh hysterically everytime I see it! XD So funny.
      Yayyyyyy, WONDERLAND FREAKS FOREVERRRRRR. Oh, yes, WE TOTALLY NEED A SUPPORT GROUP :D
      Omg, YES! he would too!

      Aw, thanks Kelly! :)

      Delete
  16. I completely feel like gate crashing your party what with mad, sarcastic, talkative people, wizards and assassins and GOD. You have also successfully pointed out that my TBR list is in severe need of updation. Loking for Alibrandi, huh? I read Jellicoe Road and i LOVE IT TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH.
    I also tagged you in the book gif tag here: http://spraypaintedtunnels.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-book-gif-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking for Alibrandi is seriously SO GOOD. It will rock your socks off, so you should deffo go and read it soon! :D

      YAYYYYS, THANK YOUS!!!!!! I DID IT!!!

      Also side note: I would comment on your blog but it only accepts google+ comments and I don't have google+ :( So I can't comment on your blog *cries* :(

      Delete
    2. i have an even severe problem. I have been trying to follow your blog SINCE FOREVER and it seems forever jinxed. WHAT WE DO? :(

      Delete
    3. AW NOS!! :( Are we talking about GFC or Bloglovin'?? I THOUGHT I'd fixed the GFC gadget but maybe not :( Try again, and if it doesn't work I'll tell you a sneaky way to get round the glitchiness of it ;) It's MAGIIIIIIIIC ;D

      Delete
  17. HA I FIGURED IT OUT. SEE? SEE? *sticks tongue out*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...