Thursday, 25 September 2014

Loony Blurbs #1: Sprigs, Noodle the Evil Lion and Bone Sucking I-have-no-idea-what-yets



loony blurbs 4

HIIII WONDERLINGS!!!  TODAY I AM SO EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO LINK UP WITH EMILY @ THE LOONY TEEN WRITER'S MARVELLOUSAMOS FIRST EVER LINK UP!!!!!!!
Basically, you write your own blurbs for books that have been published!!!!!!  Click on the banner for more information!!!!!!!!

Let us begin!!



13528340Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Once upon a time, a girl arose from the flames...her name was Marrow-Whisp and she was going to destroy the world...

Marrow-Whisp is the daughter of Arrow a Smoke Mage and Errilla a Bone Mage.  But Marrow-Whisp should never been born...The Smoke tribe and the Bone clan must never marry into each other if they want to keep the Gods happy and civilization from erupting.  Marrow-Whisp has uncontrollable powers that rival nuclear weapons, the whole world would be happy to see her dead.  Realizing that she can't live her life in hiding until one uncontrollable burst kills her, Marrow-Whisp sets of across the deserts to find the Old Women of the Sand who will hopefully have the answer...




18243675 
Walking on Trampolines by Frances Whiting

In the floating city of Bouncii, their are 4 kinds of people: The Royal Leapers, the Upperclass Jumpers, the Working class Hoppers and worst of the Sprogs: the slaves kept locked below the city barely surviving, making sure the floating city's machinery is oiled and working excellently otherwise they don't get fed.  Twins, Deidre and Dominic, were born in the shadowy below and have never seen sunlight.  Their darest wish is to feel the sun and see the sky - but that looks impossible.  Rebellion is harshly responded to; if you refuse to work you don't get fed, and if you still refuse then your oxygen is cut off.  But a secret rebellion is brewing bigger then anyone could imagine and Deidre and Dominic are determined to be part of it...

 


65645 

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C S Lewis

Noodle the Evil Lion is a manacle wearing villainous Collector.  He collects all the rare and precious things in the world that are few and far between.  He keeps them locked up in his Museum of Fantastical Things where no one but him can look at them.  Noodle thinks that he has collected everything there is to collect until he starts to hear of a talking magical Wardrobe owned by a witch called Peppermint .  Noodle will do anything to get his paws on this wardrobe but before he does he'll have to get through Peppermint first.





452306 
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares

 Long Leg, Short Leg, High Waist and Low Waist are Jeans.  They've never mixed with each other having preferred to stay with their own groups until one night, they all find themselves in the same pile and discover that they have a lot more in common the they think.  Before being ripped apart the next morning, they all make a promise that they won't forget each other and that someday will be united.  That day each Jeans is bought by a special person and the Jeans go off excitedly to start their new lives.  But whatever they do the promise they made to each other always hover in their minds until one day something marvellous happens...



1471425 

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

It's called the City of Bones for a reason...

People that go into the City of Bones come back...without their bones...

What goes on in that City?  Why are the bodies boneless without even a mark on them?  Who does this to them? Or is it a what?







1629601The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart

11-Year-Old Frankie is disreputable. She also has a history.  But she plans to make people forget what she did with her machine that she's been building in the shed at the bottom of the garden.  It wipes peoples memories of specific things the person wants you to forget, and Frankie plans to use it on everyone she's wronged.  She's not a villain.  She's just protecting herself.  They'll be no side effects because Frankie knows how to make it work perfectly.  Until that is, the machine (named Cuthbert) disappears from the shed odd things start happening in Frankie's town: Banks are robbed but no one can remember how; houses are burgled in full daylight with the people still in it, but they can't remember how; on and on the crime goes, and Frankie realizes that these people are using her Cuthbert for all the bad things.  To get Cuthbert back, Frankie will have to turn from possible desperate villainess to determined heroine before it's to late.



20820994 



I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

I'll Give You the Sun is famous reality TV show. If you win, it you get prizes beyond your wildest dreams.  If you lose, you're never seen again.  And there is only 3 winners among 50.  Tilly is a journalist, determined to go undercover as a participant and find out all the juice.  But what she finds is beyond anything she could've expected...










So, I've been pretty lacking on brain juice lately, so apologies for my pretty much wince inducing blurbs! >.<


Link me up to your Loony Blurbs in the comments!!  What book was your favourite to fake blurb???!!!




26 comments :

  1. Ha! These are awesome. I would actually love to read your version of I'll Give You The Sun. The City of Bones is also quite shiver-inducing.

    Here's mine: http://bookishserendipityco.ipage.com/loony-blurbs-judging-book-title/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! :)

      Yes, I crept myself out last night thinking about the City of Bones blurb. *shivers* Hehe, I'd like to read my version of I'll Give You the Sun too ;)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I think that your version of City of Bones would be magnificent. I would read it :)
    Olgia @ Orange Owls and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really good! I especially love what you did with 'Walking On Trampolines' - I've read the actual book, but I'd love to read your version too :)

    Eugenia @ Genie In A Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I want to go and read ALL the books on the list now, haha! ;) Hehe, Walking On Trampolines is probably my favourite. :)

      Delete
  4. I love these! Especially Walking on Trampolines and I'll Give You the Sun. Though I would definitely read any of these according to your blurbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favourites too! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. These are absolutely HILARIOUS!! ANd can we talk about the name Marrow-Whisp? I mean that is the coolest name ever. You should name all my characters for me :P and the city of Bouncii is so awesome. Love the four categories of people.

    Noodle the Evil Lion is also an excellent name :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, EM!! x) Coming from you that's a huge compliment! :D Haha, well I basically grabbed 'Marrow' from Bone and 'Whisp' from Smoke. :) But yes, I think it's quite frabjous too ;) THAT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN! Yes, I should totally come up with names for all your characters ;P Hehe, that would be a super cool job actually... Walking the Trampolines is *probably* my favourite ;) Although I have a special place in my heart for Noodle the Evil Lion ;)

      Delete
  6. Oooh I like you take on I'll Give You The Sun! Verrry interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah the one about City of Bones! Love this meme that Em made and your synopsis' are really good.

    Thanks for sharing! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it creeeeeepy??!! I try not to think of it otherwise I freak myself out >.< I am a huge wimp *sigh*
      The meme is soooooo good! I absolutely loved taking part! You should do it Mel! I would love to see what you could come up with! Aww, thank you! I did my best ;)

      Delete
  8. My favourite one would have to be City of Bones! SO, SO VERY CREEPY, in a completely awesome way. Also, I really like the sound of what you've done to I'll Give You the Sun. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can imagine I'll Give You the Sun could be quite good, if it was written well :)

      Delete
  9. Haha I love this (and you got me cracking up at the Sisterhood of the travelling pants one xD) . Haha and your City Of Bones sounds really creepy...I WANT TO READ IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT one WAS funny, eh! I was giggling while writing it I must admit x) I would be to scared to write the City of Bones one -_- I get scared to easily >.>

      Delete
  10. YES! Your I'll Give You the Sun is PERFECT! The best I've read from going all over the link-up! Love, love, love. I also love your Daughter of Smoke and Bone -- which is scarily similar to mine O.o Bone Mages and Smoke Mages who were never meant to marry ... a daughter with a dangerous power that could kill her ... it all features in my own loony blurb! O.o

    Out of these, I think I'd pick up I'll Give You the Sun. Love it!

    http://wishingiwasnorthern.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/loony-blurbs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! That means alot! :)
      Wowzers our Smokiness ones were SO similar...SCARY.

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  11. This is adorable, I love it!! :D And I also love the books you showed here, most of them are really lovely!! I really like this post, thanks for sharing :D

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D it was so much fun to do! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. Baha, love this. So funny and unique. My favorite is probably the Sister of the Traveling Pants or City of Bones xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bows* I TRY TO PLEASE. x) Glad you found them funny :D

      Delete
  13. I can't decide between the top three which I adore more, but I thikn for the next year at least the name Noodle the Evil Lion will stick with me. I may never be able to approach a narnia movie or book again without bursting into laughter, which will make me look perhaps quite a bit peculiar. That is an incredibly fantastic name for anything, especially a majestic lion. As is Marrow-Whisp (and very clever- tenty points to Ella).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noodle the Evil Lion was a moment of pure genius wasn't it?? XD I was VERY pleased with how it turned out X)
      I'm not a fan of either the books or the movies (both gave me the heebie jeebies) so it was fun coming up with my own! :D And haha, now I'M going to get the giggles when I see anything Narnia related ;)

      I love the name Marrow-Whisp so much! :D Glad you like it so much that you're giving me tenty points ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...