Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Wating On Wenesday {2!}

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming book releases that readers are impatiently waiting to get their greasy little mits on (think me)!

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.co.nz/


This Week I'm Waiting On...


20409231

[click the cover to go to the goodreads page]

Seventeen-year-old Cassie Hobbes has a gift for profiling people. Her talent has landed her a spot in an elite FBI program for teens with innate crime-solving abilities, and into some harrowing situations. After barely escaping a confrontation with an unbalanced killer obsessed with her mother’s murder, Cassie hopes she and the rest of the team can stick to solving cold cases from a distance.

But when victims of a brutal new serial killer start turning up, the Naturals are pulled into an active case that strikes too close to home: the killer is a perfect copycat of Dean’s incarcerated father—a man he’d do anything to forget. Forced deeper into a murderer’s psyche than ever before, will the Naturals be able to outsmart the enigmatic killer’s brutal mind games before this copycat twists them into his web for good?

With her trademark wit, brilliant plotting, and twists that no one will see coming, Jennifer Lynn Barnes will keep readers on the edge of their seats (and looking over their shoulders) as they race through the pages of this thrilling novel. ~blurb from goodreads
.


Killer Instinct hits the shelves November 4th!



Why I'm Waiting?!

Scuse me while I just go and SOB my eyes out in my little corner.  NOVEMBER IS SO FAR AWAY.  The first book in this loveeeely series, The Naturals, was one of my favourite reads of 2013 as it was just PURE FRABJOUSNESS.  It had blood, murder, snark, blood, murder, mystery, blood, murder, cool talents and a romance that didn't take over the whole book (which is as rare as blue and pink rabbit is these days).  And yes, I do love my blood and murder (and, no, I am not displaying psychopathic qualities).  I AM SO EXCITED FOR KILLER INSTINCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet ALLLLL your book money in your piggybank that I will be the first one to place a hold on this little munchkin when it FINALLY arrives at our library.  It's a safe bet, I promise you.


What are YOU waiting on?!  (pop quiz:  does it feature blood?!  10 points if it does!)

31 comments :

  1. i was lucky enough to pick up an early copy of killer instinct at ALA but i haven't read book 1 so i immediately ordered a copy so as soon as i get my copy i'll probably marathon read both books :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them!! :D The first one is BRILLIANT!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been meaning to read "The Naturals" for ages, and the sequel looks just as good! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DOESN'T IT. Ahhh, November can't come soon enough x)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I still need to read the first book. Great pick :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read a lot of this genre, but this one looks like a good pick for when I'm in the 'thriller' mood! Enjoy!
    Here's mine.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-accidents-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naturals is so good, so I hope you pick it up when you're in the "thriller" mood! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. YESSSSS! Anything to do with Criminology I'm interested in, but especially Profiling, I'll read ANYTHING to do with it, haha. Loved The Naturals anyway because of that, so ahhhh, can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, ME TOO. x) NOVEMBER, NOVEMBER, NOVEMBEEEER, SQUEEEEEE. XD

      Delete
  6. Oh I didn't know they were coming out with second book! That's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this around a lot, looks interesting!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol then it's probably a good thing I haven't read the first book yet. I don't do the waiting game well ^_^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I, Fiza, neither do I! >:| I'm quite possibly the most impatient person out there >.<

      Delete
  9. haha, yeah me too! I'm such a fan of the first book, and normally I don't do the whole thriller thing, but this series really sucked me in! They're like the teenage version of the show Criminal Minds! hah, but I hope you get your hands on it asap!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved how it wasn't TO thrillery! So not just thriller fans could enjoy it! And, don't worry, my greasy little mits will be the first to grasp this book when the library FINALLLY gets it! x)

      Delete
  10. *whistles innocently* I like own The Naturals AND I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT. How bad am I?! What have I been doing with all my time, huh? uh?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU OWN IT???!!!! AND YOU HAVEN'T READ IT???!!! Can you feel my wrath through the computer screen, Cait??!! I AM SHAKING MY FIST AT YOU RIGHT NOW. *shakes fist*

      Delete
  11. I really liked The Naturals too, and I can't wait to read Killer Instincts! GAH! Let us sob together as we wait for November!

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sobs* *offers Zoe tissue* WE WILL SOB TOGETHER. *sobs again* Killer Instincts BETTER be frabjous, otherwise I'm going to be VERY angry! >.<

      Delete
  12. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS this book. I NeEd it sooooon. I wasn't like, on the verge of marrying The Naturals when I first read it but now it's growing on me and I love a good psychological thriller and THE ENDING and just heck yes to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books that grow on you! ^_^ Oh, I was on the verge of marrying The Naturals I can assure you x) So shove off, MINEEEEE XD

      Delete
    2. REPLYING TO THIS BC WHY DO YOU HAVE NO NEW POSTS ELLA TOTALLY UNFRABJOUS I'M WAITING. :P

      Delete
  13. Ooo! This one sounds great! It's all my favorite things! I may or may not see myself like the main character in that book and I may or may not have considered the idea that I have a sixth sense, and I may or may not have considered becoming a criminal profiler.

    P.S. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :D I'm so glad you started following me so that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frabjous, Briana x) And hehe, for seeing yourself as the main character! XD I do that so much, I'm sure it comes under some disorder ;)

      Aww, thanks lovely! :D

      Delete
  14. Ooh I've seen book 1 around quite a lot so I hope that this one is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award :)

    http://randomofalife.blogspot.com/2014/08/sunshine-award-times-two.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...