Saturday, 21 June 2014

Stacking the Shelves #3

STSmall

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by the lovely peoples over at Tynga's Reviews!  Basically, you recount all the books you got over the week!  Be they physical or virtual, they can be books for review, from the library, bought, given to you - the sky's the limit!  Pop over to their post about it for more info!



I went to TFIOS movie with my BF last Sunday!  I laughed during all the sad scenes which didn't really come as a surprise.  ;)  To read my full review of it, it's HERE.  I got over my cold which is GREAT.  My brain is finally feeling more like a brain instead of some unknown substance, so yay!
I accidentally stumbled across a MASSIVE spoiler on the last book of one of my favourite book series EVER.  The book is basically ruined for me now, which I was SO mad about.  I spent a couple of hours ranting and raving and basically planning the spoiler person very painful death before realizing that the more time I spent death plotting the less time I ad to read.  So I stopped planning evil genius murder plans and read Girl in Reverse instead. :)
I'm still in a reading slump, so any book recommendations would utterly frabjous!  Otherwise, that's pretty much my week! :)




Click on the covers to go to the Goodreads pages!

I haven't been to the library once this week, which is not only terrible, but quite odd as I normally pop into the library about 3 times a week on average at least.  So as I didn't do a STS post last week, I'll put the little darlings I got last week in this post!  


18516681 17668473 18601430 


Every Word: *shrieks*  I finally got my hands on this little jewel!!!  Ever since I read Every Breath, the first book, I've been counting down the days till Every Word came out! I read it in about 2 hours tops, and gosh, peoples, THE FEELS.  I just can't say anything as I'm just so speechless in it's frabjousness!  Ellie Marney, you are a super hero.

Prisoner of Night and Fog: I enjoyed this one...kinda.  It had it's good and it's bad, but overall it was a decent read.

Deep Blue:  Still working through this one!  I'm finding it very...fishy, I think is the word.  And rather childish as well. :(  Don't know if I'll finish it.




Click on the covers to their Goodreads pages!




21857379  20658345  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21422053-the-witch-of-salt-and-storm?from_search=true  22020296  22457109  



Altaica: The cover is...lets face it: quite creepy.  I'd hate to be on the wrong side of that girl on the cover. 

The Moment Collector: I'm 16% through this one and quite enjoying it so far!  It's very refreshing to have a MC that thinks before she does something!

Witch of Salt and Storm: Witches.  MC's called Avery Roe.  Witches.  Magic.  Murder.  Witches.  Ooooh, yes please!!  (Incase you haven't realized yet, I love witchy stuff.)

Appaloosa Summer: Okay, I admit it: I requested this book more out of interest of the title and the author's name then out of interest of the blurb.  Does anyone know what 'Appaloosa' means??  I'm going to have to google it! ;)

The Wonder: Eeeeeek!!  I was so happy when I got approved to review this one!!  After reading and adoring the first book, I am beyond excited to read the second book, especially as the first one ended on such a cliff hanger!!  Plus, being the massive Alice in Wonderland nut I am, it means I get to visit Wonderland again!

***Thank you Netgalley and Publishers for letting me review these pretties!!!***



Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer talks about the different types of 5 star ratings.  I could not agree with this girl more!

Allie @ Little Birdie Books informs us on the Blogger Rules That Must Be Obeyed Or Else

Skylar @ Life of a Random is holding her first giveaway!!  And guess what she's giving away?!  SIGNED BOOKMARKS!!

Cait @ Notebook Sisters tells us 30 YA books that changed her world




Annnnnd, that's it, folks!!  My week in a nutshell!  Um...or maybe a blog post... ;)  


Link me up, wonderlings!!  What's in your STS????!!!  Have you got anything from my stack???

10 comments :

  1. Waaait, Deep Blue is fishy? HAR, HAR, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. x) (Hey, I'm easily amused, okay?) XD I hope you like the Moment Collector! IT has a very WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED ending (all-caps necessary yes) but it was quite beautiful! Glad you liked PoNaF. Heh....I had a love/hate relationship with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I think you're the only one that did! ;) Oh, and I'm pretty easily amused as well ;) We can be happy frabjous random people together!! ;D
      I actually know what happens in the end of The Moment Collector!! :| I reeeeealy don't like books when they do stuff like that, THEY'RE THE MAIN CHARACTER, THEY NARRATE THE STORY, WHY DO THE HAVE TO ***????? This bookworm is NOT amused :/
      Love/hate relationships can be a MASSIVE pain. >.<

      Delete
  2. The death you were planning for that spoiler person sounds painful :P Glad you didn't go through with it and read instead haha. Damn, I hate reading slumps, I hope it doesn't last for long. :(

    So many awesome new books, enjoy them all lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was, Joy, it was! ;D
      Yeah, reading slumps are the worst thing EVER. :( Thankfully I'm getting out of it, as I read 2 4 star books yesterday :)

      Thanks for commenting!! :D

      Delete
  3. Haha, yay! At least I wasn't the only one who started laughing during the sad scenes of that film. I read your review earlier in the week and think we had similar feelings about it. Witch of Salt & Storm looks really interesting, can't wait to read that one. I HATE PEOPLE WHO SPOIL!!! I managed to avoid all Allegiant spoilers but I know that one was ruined for a lot of people. The book was rubbish in the end so at least if I'd been spoiled I might not have bothered to read it at all. I am in a terrible reading slump atm too, it sucks. I hope you enjoy all your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot WAIT to read your review on it tomorrow!! :D :D :D Oh, man, how on EARTH did you avoid the Allegiant spoilers?!?! Pretty much after it hit the shelves, I came across them. I liked the first half of Divergent, but the second half was rubbish, and I only got a quarter way through Insurgent, before I gave up. I don't think I'll check out Allegiant.
      I'm getting out of my reading slump, yay!!! Witch of Salt and Storm REALLY helped! It was SO good, Charnell! I can't wait to see what you think of it!! :D

      Delete
  4. i was so ready to cry during the TFIOS movie because i cried buckets when i listened to the audiobook. i brought kleenex to the movies and everything. but i didn't cry at all. i was disappointed. awesome books this week! i'm not familiar with some of the titles you got but they all look good.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to know I'm not the ONLY person in the universe that didn't find amazing! :D
      Thanks, they're all pretty great so far!! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Ella you are hilarious for laughing at the sad scenes, definitely different to the rest of us crying lol. I've read Prisoner of Night and Fog and it was kind of meh for me, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jeann! :D I was a *little* scared that the bloggy people that loved it (like you) would kind of be angry at me for hating it, and want to kill me like the *cough* people in the movie theatre did ;) so it's lovely of you to think it's funny! :D

      Yep, you hit it on the nail; Prisoner of Night and Fog was most definitely MEH.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...