Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books About Friendship (involves traces of muppet)

 

 And it's Top Ten Tuesday again!  I had so much fun doing it last week, that I've decided I'm going to try and do it every week from now on!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the amazing book lovers over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books About Friendship..


1. Follow the Blue by Brigid Lowry

297798

AAAAAAAAAHH.  This book.  I have no words.  READ IT.

2. My Brother Simple by Marie-Aude Murail

15842836 

This is the one book in all the books I've read in my existence that almost made me bawl.  My heart is made of stone; I DO NOT CRY OVER BOOKS. 

3. Down the Road to Gundagai by Jackie French

19077821

I love Jackie French with all my heart.  This is the ONLY book so far this year that I've given 5 stars.  I adored how strong a friendship the circus crew had, and how welcoming and family like they were.  Reminds me of when I was younger and wanted to run away to a circus ;)  Aussie authors are the best kind.

3. Sisters in Sanity by Gale Forman

6417129 

Although I didn't like If I Stay, I loooved this book like chocolate.  One of the best books about friendship I have EVER read.  Adventure, determination, selflessness, humanity...yup, this was a great book. 

4. Every Breath by Ellie Marney

18080011 
I love this duo so much!  I love that their friendship is still really strong, even when they do get romantically involved with each other.  You see so many great friendships go down the drain faster then you can say 'muppet' when they introduce a sickly fake romance that feels awkward and stupid.  This was NOT the case with this book!  Cannot WAIT for Every Word, coming out in June!


5. How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller

15715844

I doubt when people think of this book that they think 'friendship'.  But I do!  I don't think the characters would have been able to succeed half the things they did without each other's friendship.  I'm pretty sure Cait will agree with me, eh ,Cait? ;)

6. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling

 
 Need I say more?! ;)
I know this a series, but I DON'T CARE.  This is the series/books OF ALL FRIENDSHIPS.  These three friends have gone through EVERYTHING and come out way stronger because of it.  Hermione is my other part, I'm sure of it.


7. Blades of Magic by Terah Edun

20948304

Although the cover is disgusting (IT IS!), the actual book is really good and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  I loved the friendship between Sara and Ezekiel.  It's SO nice reading a book where romance isn't dominating the story and we just have a great friendship instead.  Great read, I definitely recommend it.


9. The Book Thief by


Because this book is FULL of friendship to the brim.  It reminds us that even when times are hard and bleak, if we have friends and love, it will make the journey easier. 

10. The Muppets Character Encyclopedia


19432878

Stop.  I know what you're thinking: Ella has obviously run out of books about friendship and is just putting this one in to fill the gap.  WRONG!  I am a MASSIVE fan of The Muppets, and a big thing about The Muppets is FRIENDSHIP.  Although this book is basically an encyclopedia  not a book, it's all about friends, so it counts. ;)


That's my Top Ten!  Have you read any from my list?! More importantly, are you a fan of The Muppets?!  Leave me a link to your Top Ten Tuesday in the comments!

16 comments :

  1. YES I AREE WITH YOU. I SO TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I COULDN'T EVEN FIT MORE AGREEMENT IN. (See how much I love that book? I love it a lot. Just sayin'.) I really really need to read The Book Thief and gosh, I am looking up My Brother Simple RIGHT now because I have a feeling I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would ;) I love it heaps too. Absolutely MINDBLOWING, wouldn't you say?
      And, YES. You need to read My Brother Simple as soon as possible. Like now. GO!

      Delete
  2. Haven't read most of these books (excpet HP). But I have a copy of Blades of Magic, so now I'm even more excited to read it :D
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Blades of Magic!!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. LOVE that you included The Muppets! I need that encyclopedia, haha! And Harry Potter, YES! Great list, Ella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you do, you DO, Jody! ;) And Harry Potter always deserves a great big YES in everything, haha :)

      Delete
  4. Most of these books are totally new to me, so thank you for the introduction! Definitely yes on HP, of course. And I love that you found a way to include the Muppets, because of course you're right; they're all about friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think HP will be around a lot on future TTT lists!
      And OF COURSE I was going to put The Muppets! These fluffy friend are the friendships of ALL friendships and there was no way I was going to forget them! ;)

      Delete
  5. Awesome list! I love that you included the Muppets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES I totally agree with HP, all the friendships were done so well hehe. The Book Thief is a great pick as well!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF 90% OF THESE?! I feel so left out :(

    LOL on the Muppets though. That cracked me up. I actually never liked the muppets, because they used to freak me out ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY! THE MUPPETS SCARY???? Oh dear, you have no idea what you were missing out on!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Harry Potter definitely has one of the best friendships ever! I love Ron, Harry and Hermione!

    I actually haven't read any of the others! I should probably correct that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Harry Potter... *sigh* Best book series around ;)
      You would probably really like My Brother Simple and Sisters in Sanity, I think!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...