Saturday, 31 May 2014

Stacking the Shelves #2 + Best Bookish Surprise EVER!!!

[STSmall%255B4%255D.png]


 Stacking the Shelves is hosted by the lovely peoples (I'm using that word to much lately...) over at Tynga's Reviews!  Basically, you recount all the books you got over the week!  Be they physical or virtual, they can be books for review, from the library, bought, given to you - the sky's the limit!  Pop over to their post about it for more info!



From the library I got...



14061955  13449693  11925514    9554790  

 Siege and Storm:  Read Shadow and Bone (the first book) a couple of weeks ago and looooooved it, but I've started Siege and Storm and urmmm...it's not great so far.  Hopefully it will become better later on!

The Raven Boys: I got this out of the library a few months back, but never got round to reading it, but I got it out again today and this time I'm determined to read very word of it!

Code name Verity:  I've lost count how many times I've tried to read this book and given up, before I'm halfway through.  More then the toes on both my feet that's for certain.  I'm going to try and finish it this time round, though!

The Other Life:  I confess that the thing that drew me like a butterfly to honey (the book has a butterfly on it, haha, gettit?) to this book is it's lovely, lovely cover.  IT'S SO PRETTY.  So I'm quite keen to start it and think I'll quite enjoy it.



 13542868  395338    9591398  11870085 

 The Farm:  I don't think I read enough scary stuff, and this book definitely looks creepy!  it does have vampire elements, which I'm not sure about (I LOATHE vampire stuff) but it does have an interesting concept, so we'll see how it goes.

Postcards From No Man's Land: This sounds so good!  Plus, parachutes on a cover is always a bonus, right?  Riiiight.

 The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making: Seen a lot of praise for this book, so when I saw it at the library, today, I snatched it up before you could say, "Muppet."  I'm hoping it'll become a much loved favourite.  I mean anything with a Main Character called September is going to be frabjous, isn't it?!

The Fault in Our Stars:  When I read TFIOS a wee while after it came out, I didn't like it.  Not one bit.  However, I am getting very, very, VERY tired of people saying, "How could you not like it?!  What's wrong with you?!" and acting like I'm going out of my way NOT to enjoy it, just so I can say I didn't like it.   I'M NOT.  Just because I didn't like it, DOES NOT mean I did it on purpose.  I just seem to have the bad luck of disliking books that the rest of the world thinks is better then chocolate *cough* Cassandra Clare books *cough* Anyway, it's been 2 years since I read TFIOS, so I wondered if my opinion might have changed and when I saw it at my library today, I couldn't resist and chucked it in my bag.  Also, I'm kinda chuffed because there are 159 holds on it at the moment, and it was just sitting there on the library shelf?  Haha.  MINE.  


Books I read this week... 

17792514180061281792677518140047   
Haven't read much this week I'm afraid!

Reboot: This book wasn't for me.  End of story.  2 stars

The Athena Effect: Enjoyed this waaaay more then I thought I would!  Got off Amazon for Montgomery the Kindle (yes, my kindle has a name, but I'm sure HEAPS of people name their kindle...don't they?) and *meant* to wait till the holiday we're going off to in July, but the thought I should read the first page - just to see what it was like of course... and then a couple hours later I'd finished it  3.5 stars

Love Letters to the Dead: Urgh.  This book nearly killed me. And not in a good way.  HATE, HATE, HATED IT! 1 star.

Stolen Songbird: French stuff + trolls don't mix, just so you know. 2 stars

 

THE BEST BOOKISH SURPRISE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! 


20617636

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!  I'M IN SHOCK!!!!!  I requested this on Netgalley NEVER expecting to be approved, because y'know I'm quite a baby blog, and I only requested it in wishful thinking (as you do) and then I got an email yesterday saying "Thank you for requesting this title.  You can now access the title by logging into Netgalley." (Uh, huh, I have memorized it, IT'S LIFE CHANGING YOU KNOW.)  OMG I'M STILL IN SHOCK!!!  I just can't believe that I received an ARC of Heir Of Fire!!!!!!  IT'S JUST...I'M JUST...IT'S...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO MUCH FANGIRLING, GRATEFULNESS, FRABJOUS EMOTIONS, AND TEARS OF JOY GOING ON HERE, ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL, I HAVE NO WORDS JUST RANDOM LETTERS!!!!  Thank you SO much Bloomsbury and Netgalley for making not only my year, but my dreams come true!!  I can't BEGIN to tell you how much this means to me and how grateful I am!!!   Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
I started Heir Of Fire last night, and peoples...I'M FINDING IT EVEN BETTER THEN CROWN OF MIDNIGHT.  HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THIS SERIES JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER?????  I'm 73% through, and I've been dragging it out like you wouldn't believe.  And it's 530 pages long!!!!!!!  I can just tell as soon as I've finished it I'm either going to curl up in a ball in a dark corner and DIIIIEEEE, or reread it till I know it word to word!!!


Link me up, lovely peoples!!!  Have you read any books on my stack or happen to have any of them on your current stack?!?!  What do you think about the Throne Of Glass Series?!?!  Like?!  Dislike?!  Love them to frabjous and back like I do?!?!  SPILL, SPILL, SPILL!!!!!

20 comments :

  1. Ooh what a lovely haul! I'm glad you got approved for Heir of Fire, I haven't started that series yet, but I fully intend to soon! I hope you enjoy your wide selection of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad tooooo!!! And you, should, you should! Pure frabjous! *sighs heavily* Can't believe that I've got to wait AT LEAST another year before the 4th book comes out! Don't know how I'll cope till then!
      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Great haul of books, some really good titles there! And Heir of Fire!!! I'm so excited to read it but I'm waiting for it to be published before I do, resisting the lure of Netgalley :) Happy reading!

    Here's My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you!! There was no way in HECK that I could've resisted the lure of it!! Netgalley is very ard to say no to! Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  3. I should get Code Name Verity, I keep getting recced it. And oh, Valente is good, though I haven't read that one!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Code Name Verity keeps glaring at me from my TBR pile, so I should REALLLLY get on to reading it :( So many books and so little time, though...

      Delete
  4. WOW you've got some of my favorite books here! - TFIOS, CNV, S&S, & TRB!! I also just recently read Stolen Songbird and really enjoyed it!! AND HEIR OF FIRE!!! I understand your excitement. I just waited two and a half hours in line at BEA to get this book BECAUSE IT WAS A MUST! Congrats!!

    Happy Reading!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Stolen Songbird! It just wasn't my cup of tea, although I might pick up the second book in the series in the future! :)
      I don't know if I'd have the patience to wait in line for 2 1/2 hours, haha!! Although, if it's a Sarah J. Maas book is at the end of it, I might rethink that...
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. HUZZAH FOR HEIR OF FIRE. OMG. YOU AND ME BOTH. CAN WE JUST FANGIRL FOREVER AND FAKDJF;LDAJFKAD. YUS.

    Okay then. *deep breaths* I own the Girl Who Circumnavigated...blah, blah etc. (dang, that title is intense) but I just kind of put it on the shelf and forgot about it. x) Maybe I should actually, you know, READ it?? Wonderful thought. I love Rebel/Reboot! lol But I understand why books don't appeal to everyone! Don't think you're "wrong" for not liking books that "everyone" seems to like. ;) We're individuals, right?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES,YES YES!!! I was so excited but most of all surprised!! I never actually expected them to approve me, and then I got that email...and...well, you had to pick me off the floor I was so shocked!! BUT GOSH. BEST BOOK EVVVVEEEERR. It's so going down on my best books of 2014 list!!

      I don't really think I'm *wrong* not liking a book, but it gets me down and makes me sad and a little angry as I didn't intentionally decide that I was going to hate it, the book and I just didn't get on, WHICH HAPPENS TO OTHER PEOPLE BESIDE ME, but because it's TFIOS, people think I'm heartless. I'm not, I just didn't like the book. You're so right: We're all individuals and EVERYONE has an opinion. Thanks for your support, Cait!! Your comment really perked me up!

      Oh, gosh, I had SO many problems trying to put the-Girl-who-did-SOMETHING book to put it in this post. I had to keep checking the title and wording was right, AND IT TOOK SO LONG I wanted to throw the book at the wall by the time I was finished. Some patience, lol! ;)

      Delete
  6. I really loved The Raven Boys so I hope you like it! Buut, I also really liked Reboot and well you know ;)

    My library has a few of these books I believe which I SO MUCH SUPER NEED. If you understood any of that XD To be honest, I didn't really like Throne of Glass when I first read it so I understand how it's completely possible to dislike something everyone else likes *gasp* But I plan to read it again because like you for TFIOS I read it a while ago and I might as well see if my taste's changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for The Raven Boys! :)
      I've started TFIOS, annnnd...I don't think my opinion's changed. However, I'm kind of only on the first few chapters, so I won't be able to tell until I read further into the book.
      I hope you enjoy rereading Throne of Glass!! I LOVED it, but it's not for everybody I know :) Still, if you DO enjoy it this time round, we must talk about it!!!
      Thanks for your lovely comment, Skylar!!

      Delete
  7. Oh, super exciting post, Ella! It's so great you got the chance to read Heir of Fire early- congratulations! I don't read ecopies myself, so I'm making myself hold off until September, but I'm just so excited and really, it's difficult and slightly painful! I will read no reviews, I think, until I have the book itself in my hands. ( :

    About TFiOS- I hope you don't end up finishing it if you still don't like it, because even if others can't believe you don't like it, it doesn't mean you have to and I wouldn't like it if you just kept reading, even though you really didn't like it. I'm planning on rereading it, myself, and when I first read it I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, but still only gave it a 3 star on goodreads.

    I hope you like GWCFiaSohoM! September is such a magical character, and there's a character called Saturday. It's such a fantastical book- I have the sequel out from the library right now! Be sure to tell me what you think, okay?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! EXCITEMENT EVERYWHEEEEEEERE!!!
      Well done you, for waiting till September!! I admire your patience, haha!! ;) I don't think I have any, or at least, not round books! Although, I won't give anything away, I think you'll really enjoy Heir of Fire (it's my fav so far) and I think you'll find the ending even MORE cliffhangery the Crown of Midnight ;) I wanted to throw myself of a cliff when I finished it, I was so distraught! ;)

      Your words on TFIOS, really perked me up! Thanks for your support! I'll stop reading it if I really hate it, but I really want to see the movie adaptation, so that's a bit of an incentive ;) I just hate it when people make me feel bad for not liking it, and I wonder if I really DID do something wrong by not liking it, but then I think they're MY opinions and what I think is what I think. No one can take that away from me.

      I'm excited to start GWCFiaSohoM!! I mean, anything with a MC called September is going to be GREAT. And I will MOST definitely tell you what I think when I'm finished!!

      Thanks for your frabjous comment and kind words, Romi! It really made my day!!

      Delete
  8. I've read, Siege and Storm, The Other Life, Raven Boys, The Farm, the Fairyland books...and Stolen Song Bird - all of which I enjoyed so I'd say we are pretty similar in our reading habits.

    congrats on getting approved for Heir of Fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Siege and storm is really, really good :D I also love The raven boys, The girl who, The fault in our stars and Stolen Songbird. I read and liked The other life and The farm. CONGRATS. I can't wait to read Heir of fire <3

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Code Name Verity is one that you have to push through. Once you get halfway through, things get a little more incredible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by my bedside looking at me!! It's my next book to read after I finish the The Moment Collector!! Thanks for following me via bloglovin!! Made my day!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...