Saturday, 17 May 2014

Stacking the Shelves #1!

 Stacking the Shelves


It's my very first Stacking the Shelves!!! Stacking the Shelves is hosted by the lovely people over at Tynga's Reviews!  Basically, you recount all the books you got that week, be they physical or virtual.  They can be books for review, from the library, bought, given to you - the sky's the limit!



From the Library:


13260749
Bird is SOOOO good that I'm going to make my younger brother read it!
13929
This is supposed to be the fairytale of ALL fairytales...also the author was born in New Zealand which is where I live so I'm excited to read it.  Will try to start reading it tonight once I finish Bird
13423346
I do like me a multi culture book, and this looks right up my street! 


12988106
A bit unsure about this one!  A friend recommended it to me and she loved it so it'll be interesting to see what I think of it.

11500217
I've already read this!  It was okaaay, but iffy confusing as well.  Review to come (hopefully) this week!


12983100
The sequel to Angelfall.  I read the first couple of pages last night but yeeeeeah.  We'll see how it goes. (In Secret Ella Language that means I'll probably give up round the first few chapters.)




  

For Review:

Thanks Netgalley for these lovely ARCs!

21819191
When I requested this book, I thought it'd be a fun read.  Erk, no.  SO confusing and SO many different points of views, which I HATE.  My brain is so confused.


18273368
Being an idiot and not reading things properly (I do this a lot) I didn't realize that this was the THIRD book in the trilogy.  And I haven't read the first or the second.  I tried reading it yesterday and was actually surprised that it wasn't that confusing.  Though may I add, I only read four pages.  Four pages is a start, though, right?



17338059
Having read and adored Emma Pass' first book, Acid, I was over the moon about getting The Fearless for review.  I finished it this afternoon and wasn't impressed AT ALL.  Review to come sometime this week!
   


Bought:

Nothing! Though I am thinking of splurging out at my local bookshop this week.


What did you get this week?!  Have you read any on my list?!  Leave a link in the comments!!!


20 comments :

  1. I liked Wildwood Dancing, although Juliet Marillier tends to be a slow build with a fair amount of realism. She picks really interesting settings. Enjoy all these!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up staying up to late reading it ;) It WAS slow building, but a great read in the end.
      Thanks, I hope I enjoy all of them too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on first STS! :)
    I didn't really like Angelfall myself, but I hope you do enjoy it :)
    Happy reading and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here's to many others! I didn't enjoy Angelfall either, so that makes two of us!

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via bloglovin. I hope you love every one of your books. I enjoyed Changeling and Angelfall was amazing. Come check out my stack as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Thanks for following, it made my day!! Sadly, I didn't really enjoy Angelfall but I might enjoy the sequel more :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Bird! I'm glad that you did too. You've got a lot of books that look fabulous this week. I hope to read The Fearless soon. Welcome to Stacking The Shelves! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! Now I've just got to convince my younger brother to read it ;) Sadly, The Fearless and I didn't get on, but I hope you like it!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I've heard great things about Acid and Angelfall! I really need to read them (which I have no excuse now that my sister owns Angelfall). I've read Ink and, well, don't want to give anything that might spoil your read, so you'll have to read it and then we can discuss ;) I thought it was okay/prety good.

    You're owning this "new blog" thing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read Acid! I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it! I'm about halfway through Ink, and well...I'm kind off confused. Hopefully things will become clearer as I read on :)

      Aw, thanks! That comment made my day! :D

      Delete
  7. Angelfall is sooooooooooo goood! I haven't had a chance to pick up World After yet but I need to. This was a great haul, I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    You should check out my StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really enjoy Angelfall, but I'm glad you did!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. I myself really enjoyed Wildwood Dancing. My book club read it a few years ago. There is a second book but I never got around to reading that one.

    Angie
    <a href="http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2014/05/sunday-post_17.html>Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post/a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it too! :) A review of it should be up some time this week! The second book is waiting for me at the library ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. I didn't really like both Ink and The Fearless, I found them a little boring and couldn't connect to the characters (so wasn't impressed with The Fearless either, and if I'm honest, I couldn't even finish Acid, but hope you enjoy Ink a lot more than I did)

    Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh phew, I'm not the only one then! Ink is hard going at the moment, but I'm hoping it'll get better later on :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed seeing what books you got/are excited to read! Personally, I didn't like Acid very much at all, but I am sorry to hear that The Fearless was a disappointment for you! That's frustrating!
    I hope you review Wildwood Dancing and Bird, because I want to know what you think of them in depth and decide how soon/if I should read them, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, pity...but not everyone likes the same thing. And that's good. The world would be very boring without a little diversity sprinkled in ;)

      Yeah, I was really disappointed in The Fearless... :( SO disappointing :(

      Reviews of Wildwood Dancing and Bird should (hesitant should) be up this week...hopefully ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...