Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Notebook Sisters Alice in Wonderland Blog Party Tag: LET'S PARTY, PARTY, PARTTTTTY

 Happy, happy, HAPPPPPPY bloggy birthday, to the Notebook Sisters!!!  These girls are the funniest bloggers in the blogosphere, but not only are they hilarious, they're amazing, brilliant, and just plain FRABJOUS.  They post some of the most thought provoking posts out there, but they also make you laugh as well.  It's their 3rd blogoversary this week, and to celebrate, they've come up with an Alice in Wonderland themed tag.  I know, frabjous, right?!  Pop over to their post to find out more!




1. Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious?
Oh gosh!  I am ashamed to say that I *sometimes* pick up a book just because it has a cover I like.  THIS ONLY HAPPENS OCCASIONALLY.  I am proud to say that I don't suffer coverloveitis (see?! it even has a name.) as badly as some bookworms do.


18044620

Wild AwakeI admit I picked up this book up just because it had an interesting cover.  It kind of fascinated me with all the blurred...stuff (don't ask) on it and the font was pretty.  I like pretty fonts, just fonts you can read y'know?  It's all very well having a squiggly noodle font on a cover, but if it's easier to distinguish upside down, well, you've got problems.  Sadly, I didn't like the insides of this book at all.


15842836

My Brother Simple!  Okay, I confess what hooked me was the bunny's chopped ear off.  Not that I'm murderous or anything (all though my best friend will differ) buuuuut, it interested me. Also, finger painted title font is always a bonus.  Turns out that sometimes you should just go with it, because I loved this book to Wonderland and back, and it's the only book I've ever read that almost made me cry.  ALMOST.



18053060
 
 Dorothy Must Die!  I am a girl that thinks less is more, and less half-naked-girls-in-dresses-that-are-so-big-it's-absurd is definitely MORE.  So I liked the simplicity of this cover.  There was no gorgeous young female in some pose that you're not even going to find in the actual novel, just a dress outline (no poofs!), shoes, (though I thought red shoes would've been better) and a bow (checked, of course).  The font on this was lovely, too.  I especially liked the 'Die' bit.  I can't make up my mind it looks like strawberry sauce or blood... I'm siding on blood (alright maybe I'm slightly murderous.  But only a bit).



2. Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read.

11836538 

Croak! The characters in this book are all psycho!  Like, psycho, PSYCHO.  No one in this book comes under the word, 'normal', 'freaks' 'nutty', and 'psycho' are more apt.

3. Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading?

I am a very, very, VERY picky bookworm.  I give out 1 stars as easily as breathing.  But the two unlucky books I pick today, are:

13138763 

The Things We Did For Love!  Good grief!  This novel was so depressing!  And made no sense!  I picked this book up because I was suffering coverloveitis at the time, (it IS pretty, admit it) But, OMG.  I wanted to burn this book over a fire slowly, after I read it.  That, and making my dog eat it.  Except I wouldn't want my poor pooch to get sick afterwards.  This book involves stupidity, how to be the most selfish person EVER, lessons on what to do if your boyfriend is in danger of leaving the village (do NOT do this home) and a tutorial on how to burn heaps of people in a church.  ALL THE COOL CHARACTERS MAY I ADD.  While the selfish ones escaped.   Blarrrrgh.


18044620 

Wild Awake!  This book had so much going for it, but it failed.  Epically.  I kind of want to write a post detailing to authors that not all teenagers drink, swear, do drugs 24/7 and don't sneak out/go out at all hours of the night.  Yucky book.


4. White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up?

10194157 
 Shaodow and Bone! I've given this one a wide berth, because I thought it wasn't my thing, and my tbr is always in danger of killing me so it didn't really need any more fodder, but, a few weeks ago, I saw it at the library, and decided to give it a try...and oh, MAN!  I was hooked!  Read it in a couple of hours and whoaaaaah!  SO GOOD.  Plus, the cover is so unusual!  Makes me think of lollipops for some reason (this a good sign...I think).


5. Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read? 





17162

The Chocolate War! GAD!  This book was confusing from word 1!  I spent most of the book, going "WHAAAAT?!?!?!  THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!" and the other part restraining myself from throwing it against my bedroom wall.  Because y'know, I wouldn't want to mark my bedroom wall, would I?  This book also deserves to be beheaded.


6. Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep? 

963508 

Cybele's Secret I'm *trying* to read this at the moment, as I loved the first book, Wildwood Dancing.  However, Paula is the most BORING MC EVEEER, and I'm really struggling.  I'm annoyed, because Jana the MC in Wildwood Dancing was fantastic, but Paula her younger sister is just...very sleep enticing if that makes sense.  

 7. Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile?

16069167 

Fire and Flood was so fuuunnnnny!  I was constantly giggling all the way through, which is probably why I gave it a high rating even if I didn't enjoy the rest of it as much.  Still, FUNNNNNY BOOK.


1379697 

Looking For Alibrandi!  This book is...beautiful.  Although the ending nearly killed me, this book made me laugh so much.  Josie is one of my favourite main character's  EVER.  She has so much snark, I'm convinced that we are secret soul sisters.


 8. Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart?

18079527 

Haley from The Impossible Knife of Memory!  Hayley really pulled my heartstrings and I was so sad to say goodbye to her at the end of the book.  I loved how human, Hayley was, and how far she'd go to save her Dad.  Plus, COVER LOVE!!  I ADORE this cover and it's going down on my Bestest Frabjous Covers of 2014 List. 

9. Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year?


Oh, gosh, that's a tricky one!  I haven't really read any great villains this year, but I thought Dorothy from Dorothy Must Die was pretty awesome!

10. Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest?


18080011 
  
The Every series by Ellie Marney!!  This isn't a 'new' obsession, but I've been obsessed with this series ever since the first book, Every Breath came out last year!  To say I am looking forward to the second book, Every Word coming out on June is an understatement!  I have the date marked on my calender, I'm number 1 in line at the library, I google updates, frequently, and I just loooooooove this series to pieces!!  Cannot recommend it enough!!  HURRY UP AND READ IT, CAIT.


So that's me done!!  Massive thanks to the Notebook Sister for coming up with this frabjous tag!! 
 

8 comments :

  1. Eeeeh! So glad you joined in, Ella! (And sooo glad you love our blog. THAT IS THE BEST THING OF EVER TO HEAR.) XD

    Oooh, I'm really excited to start Every Breath now that I know you like it. ;) And gah! I need to get onto Dorothy Must die! I'm finishing up Alienated first, though. So sad that Wild Awake doesn't live up to it's awesome cover. Seriously: that cover? BEAUTIFUL. Fire & Flood made me laugh out loud too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must start it soon! I can't WAIT to hear what you think of it!! Fingers crossed you'll love it!
      I'm *pretty* sure you'll enjoy Dorothy Must Die! I really enjoyed it, and my review of it should come up sometime this week, hopefully! :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely pck up books because of their covers, which I don't think of as being a nagative thing at all, though it's a little saddening when I won't pick a book up because of it's cover, it gets a recovering and then I read it and it's like dancing butterflies and magic EVERYWHERE. Still, I found an awesome book called Toby Alone (reviewed it a few days ago) all because I loved the cover when I saw it at the library. It's pretty marvellous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a girl that *likes* to think that she doesn't judge a book by it's cover, buuuut, sometimes that's hard ;) I really like unique covers (think ones that don't involve humans on them) and stuff that isn't so overused. Whenever I go to the library these days, it's girl in big dress, girl in big dress, girl in big dress, girl in shorts, girl in big dress...(repeat ten times over) but, URGH! So annoying! Maybe I should write a post about it, eh? ;)

      Delete
  3. I didn't like Wild Awake that much, either. It was nothing like what the synopsis had promised. I thought it was going to be a contemporary romance; I didn't realize that it was pretty much all about drug use and mental illness.

    The cover is cool, though. When I read it, it had a much different cover. I like this one better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I thought that too! The synopsis came across as a cute romance, but as soon as you read the first few pages...WHOOMPH! You get shoved head first into a story of over the top drug use and out of control mental illness! *high fives* Great minds think alike! ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I suffer from a terrible case of coverloveitis...

    I'm getting a free review copy of Dorothy Must Die since it's being published over here in the UK soon, v excited! I was conflicted because of the whole Full Fathom Five thing but I decided that whatever, I'm not gonna let that stop me from reading a book I might love. Because that book seems to be getting really good reviews and it does sound so interesting!

    God, I really need to read Shadow and Bone! It's on my TBR pile for July, I think... And Looking for Alibrandi seems like such a good book!

    Ooh, I hadn't really heard that Fire & Flood was a funny book! I've only seen the reviews saying that it's kind of pathetic version of The Hunger Games, haha.

    The Impossible Knife of Memory does have such a beautiful cover. *__*

    Here's my tea party blog tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every bookworm suffers coverlovitis at some point XD
      Oooh, lucky you! I really hope you enjoy it!! I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it, myself!
      Yes, yes, YES! You need to read Shadow and Bone soon! You won't regret it (fingers crossed)!
      Fire and Flood is KIND OFF a pathetic version of The Hunger Games, but at the same time, it isn't? It's VERY funny though!
      *sighs* The Impossible Knife of Memory has a beautiful cover AND beautiful insides! Lovely, lovely, lovely book!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and every single one makes my day! Check back, because I do reply!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...